X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type Fuel Pressure Regulator Leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Type Fuel Pressure Regulator Leak

Hello, I have a 2002 2.5 Jaguar X-Type. I had to replace the knock sensor, so while I was at it I noticed the fuel injector green plastic housings were cracked/split. Therefore, instead of just changing the injector O-Rings I decided to change the injectors. I purchased some remanufactured injectors from CS Performance Minnesota online (I live in VT). They were marked as "Flow Matched Fuel Injector Set for Jaguar X 2.5 3.0 1X43-AB" and looked just like the old ones. Reviews online were very good. So I replaced them and put everything back together. Then I started the car(it took a couple tries for it to start (I assume time to get the air out). Then once it started if I stepped on the throttle I did not get any response. The car just remained at idle. I looked under the hood and could see fuel bubbling out from the black fuel pressure regulator that mounts on the end of the fuel rail. I thought I might have accidently hit the regulator when I was working on the car and cracked it or something. Upon further inspection I could see that the fuel was seeping out of the sides of the regulator in multiple areas. Meaning like the material was broken down and the fuel was bubbling out the side walls of the regulator. Has anyone seen this before? Could have I done something wrong by not bleeding air out of the system somehow that compromised the regulator? Or could it be that it was already compromised and putting the new injectors in and replacing the intake manifold seals resulted in more (correct) pressure that just made the already compromised regulator start leaking. I have noticed that a lot of the plastic components on this engine are very brittle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lastly does anyone have recommendations on the best place to buy a good quality fuel pressure regulator for a reasonable price? I can get some from local parts stores for anywhere between $90(advanced auto) - $130(Local non-chain parts store called BFCP). I think that sounds reasonable but am not certain of quality.
Thanks,
Adam

Old 01-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I recently replaced one. Hope this helps

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...cememt-172503/