X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type Fuel Pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

That internal pump looks suspiciously like the one inside the Focus...I'll need to look t one up close.

If you are uncomfortable with working with a nearly empty tank, simply pour CO2 gas into the tank to displace the gas fumes...all the other caveats still apply (lots of ventilation)!

The CO2 can be vacuumed out with a shop vac, or you can simply allow the gasoline to displace it when you fill back up.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The entire assembly in the right tank minus the connection of the left tank is almost exact of what you find in a 05 Honda Civic with a bit of ingenuity I built an adapter to to facilitate the smaller in circumference of the overall size of the assembly. I incorporated a second Honda Civic pump to fetch the fuel from the left tank but I used it like the original pump did pushing fuel from the right side into the left taking advantage of the jet pump in the left tank to pull the fuel over. I disconnected the sending unit from the left tank and don't know if it is full or empty. but I suspicion it is full because when I first start off I had around a 1/4 tank showing in the right tank and it went too quick. I could go in and connect it back as it was initially but I don't see the need. I am going back in and swap to the side of the line that returns to the right tank and plugging the original side that it pushed from previously and unless there's a possibility that it won't pull through the jet pump I should be good to go and not be using the same pump to do both the transfer and the resource for the fuel of the engine, and if that gives me any problem I bet I can throw a pickup over the levee and be good to go. This and the workings of the fuel pump flap door and its fragile composure have me looking as to what else I might need to re-engineer on what appears to be a fun little mode. I can attest to its excellent ability to tamp a freshly tilled yard that I leveled in one days work, more than paying for my little pretty. Now I sometimes refer to it as my 2007 Packer !