X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type, now with Bluetooth

Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default X Type, now with Bluetooth

I was a bit disappointed that my 2010 X type had bluetooth for a phone connection but not for music, - but now i can get in, turn on and listen to music from my smartphone. it was a bit of an experiment but it works fine and even cuts the music when a phone call comes in.

So first of all i bought an FM Radio Modulator from Ebay at about 25 English pounds, eBay item number:351376968583

Then I bought a Ugreen bluetooth receiver for 14 pounds. eBay item number:132021354676.

The FM Modulator connects into your arial input on the back of the radio and you tune the radio into the output frequency of the modulator). Then I soldered the FM Modulator into the cigarette lighter because the lighter comes on when you turn on the ignition, thus turning it on automatically when you turn on the ignition. (it also has a manual switch if you want to turn it off and listen to the radio, because the radio signals are subdued with the modulator turned on)

Secondly I soldered a USB phone charger into the same circuit because the Bluetooth receiver is 5V, so you need to plug the Bluetooth receiver into the charger with the USB charge cable. So then the Bluetooth receiver also comes on automatically when you turn on the ignition.

You then connect the output from the bluetooth receiver to the input of the FM modulatior, and Hey Presto, the music received by the bluetooth receiver is amplified by the FM Modulator. The Modulator is hidden under the radio and the bluetooth receiver is in the glovebox.

So whenever I get into the car, i just press play on the phone and the music plays through the car radio, and if I receive a phonecall or make a phonecall the smartphone automatically cuts the music and restarts after the phone call.

Why didn't Jaguar think of that ?

The following users liked this post:
Peter Landman (01-08-2020)