X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type sat nav just stopped working : (

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X type sat nav just stopped working : (

I have had my 2004 X Type diesel now for just over a year and its been a great motor, yesterday i went to use my sat nav when i pressed the nav button it started as normal with 1st the warning bit where you need to touch the screen on the ..... I AGREE bit then a black box popped up saying NO MAP DVD FOUND ????

It did nothing after that, so i went to the boot opened the DVD draw to see if the DVD was in it ....... which it was wiped the DVD clean put it back in closed to boot.... got back in the car but it did the same ?

I have never had any problems before..... can any one help ?

Alex

Old 11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Astro, at a guess, it sounds like the drive motor for the disk has bit the dust. Since the DVD is not spinning up, the reader can't find the information, which it interprets as not having a disk installed. It may also be that the laser head has died/gotten misaligned and that is causing a no read situation. Sometimes if you can access the read head and clean it very gently with a cotton swab and a little bit of isopropyl alcohol (above 90%), you can get the laser to the point that it will work some more for you. But, unless you know how to align the laser and the player has the adjustments to allow that sort of thing, the only other option is to get a new player.