XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Can Jaguar techs turn off journeys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:56 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Can Jaguar techs turn off journeys?

I had my xe in for service last Thursday and they put some rims and tires on that I had powdercoated. (long story there) anyway, I got my car back and the rockers were covered in mud/dirt all the way back to the rear wheels which was odd since we had no rain or anything in days. So I'm trying to find out where they would have gone on what I presume is the standard test drive to retorque the lugs. Nothing in my journeys though. Every other journey I've ever taken has been logged including the one that day where I picked it up from the dealership a couple hours later. I have not had a good relationship with with this dealership in many facetes in the few months I've owned my car and and unfortunately it's time to move to another one which means a 2 hour drive one way instead of 30 minutes.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Hello there!
Disconnecting the head-unit of your center console (by pulling the right fuse in the boot compartment of your car) WILL disconnect your car from your Journeys website account. This was done once with my XE (not sure if it was my tinkering with the fuse box—OR—the visit to my service center for a service action, that did it).
I also remember an explanation on one of Jaguar’s owners sites, that Journeys won’t record a journey that is teeny-weeny, like a quick jerk to the end of the block, spin and come back.

Test your Journeys account, by making sure it properly records the next trip YOU take with the car. This way you know you are still connected (when mine was disconnected, I had to re-register my car all over again to get Journeys to resume tracking it again).

Also, the fact that your have mud on your rockers, but Journeys didn’t record anything, MAY mean that your service mechanic didn’t REALLY give the car the proper road test it’s supposed to get. He just drove it for 40 seconds and avoided doing his job.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
Hello there!
Disconnecting the head-unit of your center console (by pulling the right fuse in the boot compartment of your car) WILL disconnect your car from your Journeys website account. This was done once with my XE (not sure if it was my tinkering with the fuse box—OR—the visit to my service center for a service action, that did it).
I also remember an explanation on one of Jaguar’s owners sites, that Journeys won’t record a journey that is teeny-weeny, like a quick jerk to the end of the block, spin and come back.

Test your Journeys account, by making sure it properly records the next trip YOU take with the car. This way you know you are still connected (when mine was disconnected, I had to re-register my car all over again to get Journeys to resume tracking it again).

Also, the fact that your have mud on your rockers, but Journeys didn’t record anything, MAY mean that your service mechanic didn’t REALLY give the car the proper road test it’s supposed to get. He just drove it for 40 seconds and avoided doing his job.
Thanks, the journeys definitely working properly. My return trip from the dealer showed up on my journeys and each trip before and subsequently after has always been recorded. I have no idea where they would have gotten into that much mud as there really isn't anything close to them that should have put mud on the car like that. I too thought they just didn't drive it. Service manager assured me that the tech did. He first hand knew it was given the proper test after the wheels were mounted. I had to call them afterwards to ask if they road tested it because I had a pressure light on all 4 tires that didn't go away on my 30 miles drive home. Then I noticed all the mud and figured that they had to have taken it somewhere because it was just washed and clean when I dropped it off. Just found it odd that wherever they went, it didn't show up.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Then your first theory seems the best explanation. If we assume they are telling the truth that a lengthy test drive was performed (and that your Service Manager wasn't fed a lie by his mechanic), then sometime before the test drive, the car was dropped from your Journey account (maybe a pulled fuse during maintenance), and was re-linked to your account before giving the car back to you.

Theoretically, you can take a trip without being recorded by Journeys. You just have to make sure you turn off the car every five minutes along the trip (so Journeys doesn't have the chance to record you).
I haven't tried this. But it apparently can be done.