XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Completely lost power steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Completely lost power steering

My XE had 713 miles on it and the power steering failed completely on me. I think the code was "power steering reduced" or something, but it felt like driving an old Chevy pickup without power steering. I was able to drive it the 30 miles to the dealer.

They had my car for 10 days while they waited for a completely new power steering system. They said that they (and Jaguar USA) had NO service bulletins or issues with this in the past.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had any issues related to the power steering system or was this just an anomaly?

I'm thinking of getting a tune from Stuart, and just want to ask this..
The repair of an issue like this would have in no way been affected if I had a tune correct?

Thanks for any replies!!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I believe the new Jags are electric power assist and I guess this is the part that failed.. mine has been fine.

You will get lots of opinions on warranty application, mine: Only the part(s) the tune affects will be voided. Over the years and 5 Jaguars I have found them very lenient in applying any warranty penalty.

Currently my F type R is tuned, the XE not at this point and the mechanic at the Jaguar shop is well aware and supportive in general.
If the ECU gets sent to H.O. for analysis they will see the tune (ie: due to an engine failure) and could void. The power assist should be considered a part that was not involved.
Lawrence

Old 09-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem I'd be pissed and sad at the same time. That said I did have my car at the shop for a bit for some smaller issues. I think it depends on your service guy at Jaguar. Mine is great and doesn't even bother checking if something is covered by the warranty or not.