XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Coolant upgrade kit failure 2017 XE 3.0L

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Coolant upgrade kit failure 2017 XE 3.0L

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. Recently, I purchased the JAGUAR LAND ROVER COOLING SYSTEM UPGRADE KIT V3 for my 3.0L V6 supercharged engine. Being a mechanic by trade, I decided to tackle the installation myself.

My wife and I have owned the car for about a year, and due to the factory installed plastic parts, I've been vigilant about checking for coolant leaks. Upon smelling a strong coolant smell one day, I investigated and discovered a leaking rear heater pipe. While I've been borrowing my brother's old truck and my wife drives our Tahoe, the Jaguar has been parked awaiting repairs. I ordered the replacement parts, opting for the aluminum upgrade kit, eager to enhance the cooling system's reliability.

The installation process was lengthy, involving draining the coolant, removing the intake, supercharger belt, supercharger lid, supercharger, front coolant crossover pipes, and finally, the leaking rear heater pipe. Despite the time-consuming nature of the job, I meticulously installed the new aluminum parts and carefully checked all connections before refilling the coolant system and starting the engine.

However, shortly after starting the engine, I noticed coolant leaking from the brand-new rear heater pipe onto the transmission, worse than the leak I had just replaced. Upon investigation, I discovered that the temperature sensor was the culprit, leaking where it plugs into the rear heater pipe due to a severely cut O-ring (see picture attached).

Unable to find the exact O-ring size for replacement, I contacted Jaguar parts for information but was advised to get a new sensor with an accompanying O-ring for certainty. Strangely, the old rear heater pipe did not exhibit this sensor leak before, so I temporarily used its sensor to troubleshoot, but unfortunately, the leak persisted.

I'm currently awaiting a response from Euro-Amp, the supplier, to address this issue. I will update you all once I've removed the rear heater tube and identified the cause of the persistent leak.

In the meantime, if any of you are considering an all-aluminum upgrade kit, I strongly recommend triple-checking the rear heater tube's temperature sensor receptacle to ensure the sensor's O-ring is intact and not prone to cutting inside the tube. This could save you from encountering a similar frustrating situation.

Buildup process pic to illustrate the installed rear heater tube, the square indicates the physical location of the sensor that leaked.

I was able to remove the sensor without pulling the rear heater tube to find the new sensor and o ring like this.

Old 04-28-2024, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 407 Likes on 299 Posts

Sorry to here that,looks bad quality control, I've seen it happen on some plastic ones also,hopefully they will send you a good replacement, my metal one is going on strong for the last 3 months, love it not smelling coolant

Old 04-28-2024, 09:06 PM

Today, I had the opportunity to dis-assemble all the necessary components to investigate the issue with the new rear heater pipe. After removing it and inspecting the temperature sensor, I discovered a flaw likely stemming from the manufacturing process, which is causing the leak in this new part. While I haven't yet spoken with the vendor, I plan to do so early this week. I'll provide further updates once I've resolved the matter.

Check out the picture attached.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I received the replacement part for the original defective part. This time I double checked the coolant temperature sensor before install. I found that the vendor had applied some type of black RTV into the plug receptacle to prevent leaks. When removing the temperature sensor the ear of the connector had broken off. This is because the sensor and the plug it fits into don't fit together, it has to be forced together.

After speaking with the vendor they accepted return of the rear heater tube with broken temperature sensor but decided to charge me for the broken temperature sensor. Overall my experience with this vendor has shown me that they do not have the time to ensure their customers are receiving serviceable parts. I won't be doing business with them after this turn of events.

Incase anyone is curious the vendor is EuroAmp.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:15 AM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Disappointed EuroAmp let you down...

Old 05-09-2024, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for Your experience, I planned to buy the full EuroAmp kit with intake gaskets, water pump etc. Seems that before assembling it would be good to change all o-rings to Viton ones and fine finish all parts where casting can be rough.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 407 Likes on 299 Posts

I didn't buy mine from euroamp I purchased mine separately, I've got 2310 miles on mines,no modifications only oem o,rings on the front metal pipes and water pump pipes,runs perfect

Last edited by dennis black; 05-10-2024 at 09:45 AM.