XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

InControl Touch Pro Issues/Bugs

Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I gave up using it and just use the normal Nav unit.
What phone are you using the app with? They are having many issues with the iPhone 7 I am hearing.
I am using an iPhone 6s. Not that we are supposed to bring up other cars here's but I found my former vehicle (GMC Yukon) much better when using the OnStar app and sending directions to the vehicle.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone Dialing Issues

I got my XE upgraded to the latest in control pro. I've had a couple of issues with it recognizing USB drives, SiriusXM frezed up once or twice, but mostly things work great. However, one major issue: with an iPhone 7 plus running the latest iOS, when I try to dial via the hardware button on the steering wheel, it repeats the name properly and then asks if I want to store or delete it and says it's showing recent calls (it doesn't) but then proceeds to dial. This was not the case before I upgraded. I've unpaired the phone and deleted all contacts from the car twice.

Ideas?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCBuckeye
Anyone else having issues with the InControl Touch Pro? I have a 2017 35t R-Sport and have had multiple issues with it (no reverse camera, Sirius playback stops until I switch to radio and then back again, screen doesn't come up when I start the car until 10 minutes later). I've already received one software update back in September, heading to dealership next week to get another one.

Remote starting via phone app is an adventure. it's about a 50/50 chance I'll be able to remotely start the car. The app will tell me that the car is in sleep mode, no idea how the car went to sleep mode between lunch and the end of the day.

I've seen multiple issues about this relating to the F-Pace on the web. Anyone else having issues with the software?

Other than the software bugs, I love my new Jag.
i have... this was sent to dealer on monday:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

THIS ISSUE NOW NEEDS ESCALATING TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL.

Despite the vehicle being returned to you the other week I can confirm that the issues reported have NOT been resolved.

This past weekend has been a complete NIGHTMARE with incident after incident. The You tube videos should be watched in chronological order to understand my ongoing frustrations.

It has come to the point of no return for me now.

You have proved incapable of resolving the many issues that have prevailed since I took delivery of the car on 1st March, almost nine months now of hell. To blame some of the issues on Apple IOS software is pathetic. I have had two Volvo V60s before the Jaguar and had no issues at all. I have had to purchase an Apple IPod Touch costing £300 to try and get over the incompatible issues with my previous IPod Classic to no avail. This is connected without password and a proprietary Apple cable. Everything keeps locking at present and I have no confidence in the on board media functionality any more. Every time I get in it I wonder what is going to malfunction next. It is obvious that there is an internal malfunction within the HARDWARE of the system and not software related. I am now experiencing a LOCKOUIT on the radio as evidenced by the video below.

I hereby request that you make me a buy back proposal (with the price taking into consideration inconvenience suffered these past nine months) to take the car off my hands (Alex Heselton will tell you what I paid for it) as I cannot continue with it any longer.

I await your speedy response failing which I will firstly be delivering the vehicle back to your dealership next Monday 27th November with the keys and secondly be contacting the motor industry media outlets (Whatcar, Autoexpress etc) as I am sure they will be interested in this facade.

Please do not furnish me with any lily livered excuses and proposals to have the vehicle reinspected. You've had that chance and it hasn't worked.

As an update the same thing has happened on my way to work this morning whereby the Ipod started playing but after 5 seconds reverted to the Radio with the IPod disappearing from the SOURCE screen.

Freezing again

youtu.be

Fed up

youtu.be

iPod blues

youtu.be

Radio freeze

youtu.be

Give up

youtu.be

Where is the iPod

youtu.be

Stuck

youtu.be

Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow! you must have the patience of Job! Really sorry for your troubles. This is the type of thing that I'd probably have driven it up to the factory and parked it, and NOT leave the keys. Have you not had any intelligent responses to your plea? Although I've never been in a situation to try out our so-called "Lemon Law", I do know of friends who've been successful going that route. Albeit it was nonetheless a rocky road to fulfillment. IS there anything in the U.K. (I presume you're in the U.K.) that would give you that option?

Good Luck, in any event. I'm about a month or two away from a new purchase and I just might need to scratch the F-Pace from the list.

King Fala

Old 01-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

JLR bought my XE back after many attempts to fix my infotainment system Pro. It took tons of back and fourth with emails but they finally bought it back.
i suggest the same as they admitted they can’t fix some of these cars no market what they do. They are plaques like the old BMW iDrives were.

Keep requesting a buy back and they will cave in, never use the word lemon or they will shut down and you are beat