XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar InControl Remote Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 12:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jaguar InControl Remote Not Working?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to run this question by everyone! Lately, it seems with recent App updates to the Jaguar InControl Remote App on iPhone, I have been unable to connect when attempting to start my car remotely. Has this been happening to you?

I have been hoping it was just a simple software issue with the App and not an issue with the car.

I've even had an instance or two where the App would indicate it could not connect and then I walk outside to a running car.

The following 2 users liked this post by Eric325ci:
C_Riley (10-21-2022), ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022)
Old 04-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Update:

Please see the attached screenshots. Car repeatedly not able to connect. Walk outside, car is running.

App or car???!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar InControl Remote Not Working?-img_3861.png   Jaguar InControl Remote Not Working?-img_3860.png  
The following users liked this post:
ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

It’s neither, it’ll be JLR servers. At times they get overwhelmed by traffic from the app, usually corrects itself after a while.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The APP IS CRAP !!!!
There should be a remote start button on the key fob....
My DODGE has a remote start button on key fob and it works every time .... Wish i could say that for this useless JAG APP.....

The following 7 users liked this post by wijimmy:
Catina (04-05-2021), ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022), Jagg3d (01-20-2023), Rebekah Jones (03-19-2020), scottrader1 (12-04-2019), smokinduc (03-29-2020), Tracey Dellavecchia (02-21-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 AM

This has been happening every time I attempt to remote start.

Originally Posted by Ian D
It’s neither, it’ll be JLR servers. At times they get overwhelmed by traffic from the app, usually corrects itself after a while.

The following 2 users liked this post by Eric325ci:
ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022), Tracey Dellavecchia (02-21-2021)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Works for me 9 times out of 10. Very rarely it fails to start the car altogether, there are reasons for non starting.

Low battery
Bad signal area to contact car
4 days since last use of car and has gone into sleep mode

Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 AM

Hi guys,
I'm still constantly experiencing network delays or error messages when attempting to start my car using the App. Could this be related in any way to the car battery?

Is there a support page or email address for Jaguar's App to reach out with troubleshooting?

Old 05-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely an issue I've experienced many times. Anecdotally, people claim that turning off "journeys" fixes the remote start issue. I tried it and it SEEMS to connect better but not definitively.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The app is such garbage. I have to type out my email, password, wait 30 seconds to a minute for the button to work, press the button, type my pin, wait 10 seconds and then it'll start. The only time I'd realjsticarea need to use remote start would be when I'm in a hurry, when I'm in a hurry there is no way in hell I'd do this. I've probably used it handful of times. ****ing absolute garbage. I wish I could have not gotten remote start and the navigation and voice control. All of that stuff is so damn clunky. JLR should seriously offer partial refunds for the remote start.

The following 3 users liked this post by steel12:
Catina (04-05-2021), ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022), Tracey Dellavecchia (02-21-2021)
Old 05-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric325ci
Hi guys,
I'm still constantly experiencing network delays or error messages when attempting to start my car using the App. Could this be related in any way to the car battery?

Is there a support page or email address for Jaguar's App to reach out with troubleshooting?
I reached out once about something related to ics. They got backntome eventually and told me to ask my dealer.

ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022)
Old 06-20-2018, 07:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote app "Never" works

Don't get me wrong, I really like my new Jag XE Prestige AWD Diesel! Hate the In-Control Pro for apps. The Remote Start has worked maybe 3 times for me (2 of these times may have been at the dealer on delivery). I would really like the remote climate app to work as last week it was 102 F. I looked forward to finding my car interior cooled and ready.I was disappointed. It failed due to a network error or weak signal. I was in the same parking lot as an ATT cell tower.Makes me wonder if the emergency communication have the same issue from inside the car. Anyone have any experience with that?

Locked my key in the car the other day. No issue, I have remote unlock. Didn't work. Fortunately, we were at home and the spare key was nearby.

I called my local Jaguar service on this issue and they referred me to the sales manager. What gives Jaguar? Is there a solution?

Perhaps I have set my expectations too high, after all it did work 3 times.

The following 2 users liked this post by hratzlaff:
Catina (04-05-2021), ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022)
Old 11-08-2019, 09:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Jaguar App rarely works

Originally Posted by Eric325ci
Hi guys,

Just wanted to run this question by everyone! Lately, it seems with recent App updates to the Jaguar InControl Remote App on iPhone, I have been unable to connect when attempting to start my car remotely. Has this been happening to you?

I have been hoping it was just a simple software issue with the App and not an issue with the car.

I've even had an instance or two where the App would indicate it could not connect and then I walk outside to a running car.

Yes I have been experiencing the same problem now that the weather has changed and gotten colder. When I try to remote start, it says there is no connection. It also won't recognize my pin. When trying to reset it - it won't record the change or any information I try to input. Very frustrating! I plan to purchase this car in 2020 - but I need to know what to do to fix this issue.

The following 2 users liked this post by jagqueen2:
Catina (04-05-2021), ih4t3ub1tch (11-17-2022)
Old 02-08-2020, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jagqueen2
Yes I have been experiencing the same problem now that the weather has changed and gotten colder. When I try to remote start, it says there is no connection. It also won't recognize my pin. When trying to reset it - it won't record the change or any information I try to input. Very frustrating! I plan to purchase this car in 2020 - but I need to know what to do to fix this issue.
Just bought a 2020 XE AWD. The remote start worked the first few day then, all of a sudden, every time after that it would complain the windows were open. Went out to car and all windows were closed. So, I read that I should reset the windows. So I did that and after that for about a week, it worked flawlessly. However, starting yesterday, the issue is back with not being able to remote start because of windows being open. It’s 27 degrees Fahrenheit outside and snowing, the windows are closed. Personally, I think I have electrical issues, as I am having radio issues (am/fm won’t work and/or SiriusXM says it is unavailable). Also, the personalize items don’t seem to remember (heated seats, steering wheel, etc don’t seem to function as I believe they should). They all seemed to be linked, because as one starts to show issues, they all do. Going to take car back to dealer. I have video of the radio issues and remote start issue (Status says every closed and locked, yet try to remote start, says windows open).

Old 02-09-2020, 08:12 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,065 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Unrelated electrical issues point to a possible low battery. Try charging it, if you haven’t.

lisalauck (01-20-2021)
Old 02-09-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
Unrelated electrical issues point to a possible low battery. Try charging it, if you haven’t.
Well, since the car is brand new, highly doubt it’s the battery. But I will be taking car back to dealer this week.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hratzlaff
Locked my key in the car the other day. No issue, I have remote unlock. Didn't work. Fortunately, we were at home and the spare key was nearby. .
The car has multiple sensors to know the fob is inside the car. You cannot lock the key in the car unless you remove the fob battery

Old 03-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the InControl app downloaded to both my iPhone and iPad and neither app has connected to my phone in 5 days even after deleting and re-downloading. Any advice?

Old 03-20-2021, 12:41 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ld111134
I have the InControl app downloaded to both my iPhone and iPad and neither app has connected to my phone in 5 days even after deleting and re-downloading. Any advice?
This is gonna be weak advice (especially since I have an Android), but I was having serious functional issues that eventually just resolved themselves. I couldn't connect, it wouldn't respond, it would only respond occasionally.... And over time it just improved.

First thing is to make sure you have the correct version of the app installed. Last update for mine was Feb 26, 2021. There's another app that goes by the same name and has a similar logo, but is the old version.

Second, make sure you're car's system is updated. You can go through the settings to find system info and updates. I'd suggest doing them when your car has wifi connection (I did it in my garage), and when you have some time where you don't have to drive for a bit.

After doing all that, I still had minor issues that literally improved over time without me doing anything different. Not sure why, not wondering about it more than that.

Hopefully that helps.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:44 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Also, sometimes the telecommunication module in the car loses all contact with the JLR servers. Then the app won't connect at all to the car and will claim it is "asleep" when it clearly is not. The only fix for this that I've discovered is to disconnect the car battery (both negative and positive), leave for about 10 mins and then re-connect it. This re-boots the telecommunications module. You also then need to reset the "one shot" operation of all 4 windows by operating them and holding the switch on for a few seconds when they reach fully open and fully closed.
When this last happened to me, because of the loss of contact with the JLR servers, all my journeys during this period were missing from both the app and also when I logged into my In Control account on a computer. However, when I re-established contact with the servers by the battery disconnect method, the journeys all re-appeared. I guess this means that journeys are recorded by the telecommunications module in the car even when they can't be transmitted to the JLR servers.
So that means that turning off "Journeys" in the app does NOT stop the system recording your journeys - it only stops them being transmitted to the JLR servers.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ian D
Works for me 9 times out of 10. Very rarely it fails to start the car altogether, there are reasons for non starting.

Low battery
Bad signal area to contact car
4 days since last use of car and has gone into sleep mode
On mine, App says “Vehicle asleep” even tho I’ve been using it for the last few days!!

Quick Reply: Jaguar InControl Remote Not Working?