XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

JLR makes BRG more Illusive

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
Default JLR makes BRG more Illusive

Am I reading this correctly, or have I just tapped into a dead website?

Is the British Racing Green no longer an option on the 2018 US model XE’s?

I heard this was happening to the UK market,… but didn’t expect it off the American shelf too.

Granted there are some interesting looking colors in the new US set, and the option to go NON-metallic is always nice to consider. But no GREEN at all?

Must not be appealing enough to the current sense of fashion…

Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I get compliments on my BRG paint wherever I go.

In certain lighting conditions it looks absolutely black when parked in the shadows.....and the metallic is not noticeable unless it's in the sun.

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 06-20-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Well, I’m in NYC area. And they don’t compliment you on ANYTHING (unless they are secretly planning to steal it, or secretly hoping you lose it in an mishap).

I love the green. It reminds me of the first good driver I used to ride long distances with when I was 10 years old---she drove a Dodge Dart, Emerald Green.

I too love that he "metallic" flecks are something you only notice later, not at first or fifth glance.
In spite of the alluring personality change under different lighting that you mentioned, I still get the feeling the color makes it more difficult for New Yorkers to properly ID the car, appreciate its outline when on the expressway with me (but I could be wrong about that) or notice it’s more (exotic?) than their neighbor’s BMW.

I actually was looking forward to seeing more maroons, browns and Greens come back to car makers this year. But I guess I won't mind my green being so scarce.

I’m starting to resemble something I used to criticize my old High School girlfriend about: “you spend so much effort to pick out the stuff that makes people turn their heads and look at your body. But then you complain about feeling uncomfortable that people turn their heads and look at your body.”

The following users liked this post:
Charles Calthrop (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

The colour BRG is still available to order on the F-Type, no idea why it's not on others in the range.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Jaguar hasn't had a good BRG since the XK8 IMO. The modern takes are just not "classic" enough for me to buy it. It's a fine green metallic, but calling BRG is a stretch...