XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

New XE owner, reporting in

Old 07-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New XE owner, reporting in

Hey everyone,

2 weeks ago I picked up a 2017 XE AWD 35t premium in white. Loving the car so far, and I can easily look past a few minor issues I'm having (like my phone occasionally not connecting to bluetooth for media). I'm from just north of Boston, MA, USA. Just wanted to pop in, say hello and introduce myself. Have a great day!

Old 07-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Welcome.

Which white? Which dealer did you go to? I reside in the Commonwealth as well.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations

Did you get the 2017 model year or 2018?

Quite a few owners here in Boston. That is great
I always flash my high beams every time I see an XE so see you on the road

Old 07-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome! I am a new Jag owner as well. Truly loving my XE S.

I have yet to see another XE in my area. There are however plenty of XF, XJ, and F-types roaming around.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:53 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Welcome, now you'll have to join the local Jaguar Club (Jaguar Association of New England (JANE) Home Page).

================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 07-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome. I purchased certified pre-owned, because a loaner with a few miles on it is well worth the discount to me. I purchased from the Jag dealership in Harrisburg, PA because there weren't any CPO cars around here with my must have packages available. 35t, AWD, cold weather and vision packages were a MUST for me. Meant a bit of travel to get the car, but I got to take a nice train ride for my troubles. I was in love with BRG, and wanted one badly, but sadly the one I could find with 500 miles of home was down in NJ and when I went to look at it, it was really beat up for 1200 miles. That's an ongoing saga I'll have to tell another time. Settled on my second favorite, Polaris White.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

I admired the Glacier White more than Polaris, when reading the color reviews. But any 10 minutes driving on the interior and looking out that windscreen will make you’ll forget all about your exterior. “Hmm, color? What’s a color? I’m busy cruising this road---feel this ROAD!”

Mine is British Racing Green, and yes it is something you fall in love with differently each time. It’s one of Jaguar’s metallic colors that becomes a completely different presentation as the surrounding lighting changes mood.
…But alas, BRG is no longer in the options for 2018, here nor in the UK either. A discontinued color, for now.

Enjoy, and don’t hurt the feelings of the Boston PD too much. Remember, they’ve never experienced the cornering and giddy-up capabilities of an XE, if they try to pursue you with a speeding ticket.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

The local dealer doesn't do anything additional on service if you bought from them or a dealer on the other end of the country.

A co-worker just leased a MB SL550 that was a special order by the dealership. Owner drove it a few hundred miles and was still able to sell as a new car with a discount for the miles on top of it. My co-worker had to travel like 300 miles to score that deal, but like you sounds like a miles well spent.

Did you get the heated windshield; must have up here! I find all of the packages offered on the XE except Adaptive Dynamics are worth the money. The little customization available in the Adaptive Dynamics is not worth the expense. Head Up Display is good and I would option on another car if available. I did the parking assist for the first time last weekend. It actually worked!

Old 07-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just order my Xe S in Cesium Blue. No word yet on arrival but probably October. I got every package, heated windshield, wifi, heads up, etc.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amg1824
I just order my Xe S in Cesium Blue. No word yet on arrival but probably October. I got every package, heated windshield, wifi, heads up, etc.
I was going to get a Cesium Blue with black wheels in route to dealer, but dealership offered me a good deal on IRR on their showroom floor.