Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   Performance Questions and Advise (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/performance-questions-advise-218241/)

Jag Fan 83 05-24-2019 05:40 PM

Performance Questions and Advise

Looking to get some advise for my '17 XE 35T for some upgrades for yall. Exhaust: I like the sound but... would like a little more any suggestions on what type works well? Performance I would like to get the VelocityAP Performance Chip and Pulley upgrade but don't have the spare cash for both at the moment. I can do 1 or I could wait for both. What would you suggest 1 or wait for both or any other options you have experienced that work well for you cars. Any other performance suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.

D0gv0m1t 05-26-2019 07:02 AM

Same exact car and I was at where you were a year ago, I just finished everything in April.

I did the resonator delete for exhaust, which cost me ~$120 at a muffler shop... I have mixed feelings about the results. It does sound louder, but WOT has a bit too much rice burner sound for my liking. There is no drone, but if I had to do it over again, I might just have waited to see what it sounded like after the tune (with crackles/pops turned on.) I still might go get the resonators put back on at some point.

For engine/supercharger sound I replaced the air filters with BMC's, took out the top air filters, removed the insulation on the hood, and the engine cover stays home.

I waited until I could afford Velocity's springs, ECU, pulley and cable and did all at once at a local performance shop, There is a cost savings for bundling and a forum discount that Stu@velocity will help you with, or you could take your chances for a bigger discount around Black Friday which Velocity has done more than once from what I could tell digging through the forums.

Also, you might call Velocity direct with your questions... super helpful team Stu has over there.

Jag Fan 83 05-26-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by D0gv0m1t (Post 2076128)
Same exact car and I was at where you were a year ago, I just finished everything in April.

I did the resonator delete for exhaust, which cost me ~$120 at a muffler shop... I have mixed feelings about the results. It does sound louder, but WOT has a bit too much rice burner sound for my liking. There is no drone, but if I had to do it over again, I might just have waited to see what it sounded like after the tune (with crackles/pops turned on.) I still might go get the resonators put back on at some point.

For engine/supercharger sound I replaced the air filters with BMC's, took out the top air filters, removed the insulation on the hood, and the engine cover stays home.

I waited until I could afford Velocity's springs, ECU, pulley and cable and did all at once at a local performance shop, There is a cost savings for bundling and a forum discount that Stu@velocity will help you with, or you could take your chances for a bigger discount around Black Friday which Velocity has done more than once from what I could tell digging through the forums.

Also, you might call Velocity direct with your questions... super helpful team Stu has over there.

Appreciate the feedback and I have contacted Stu with some of my questions as of yesterday. Good to know about the delete mod as I was debating on doing it as well.

mosesbotbol 05-27-2019 06:45 AM

Pulley and tune should be plenty for the power on the car. Better tires would another good upgrade.