XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Performance Questions and Advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Questions and Advise

Looking to get some advise for my '17 XE 35T for some upgrades for yall. Exhaust: I like the sound but... would like a little more any suggestions on what type works well? Performance I would like to get the VelocityAP Performance Chip and Pulley upgrade but don't have the spare cash for both at the moment. I can do 1 or I could wait for both. What would you suggest 1 or wait for both or any other options you have experienced that work well for you cars. Any other performance suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:02 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Same exact car and I was at where you were a year ago, I just finished everything in April.

I did the resonator delete for exhaust, which cost me ~$120 at a muffler shop... I have mixed feelings about the results. It does sound louder, but WOT has a bit too much rice burner sound for my liking. There is no drone, but if I had to do it over again, I might just have waited to see what it sounded like after the tune (with crackles/pops turned on.) I still might go get the resonators put back on at some point.

For engine/supercharger sound I replaced the air filters with BMC's, took out the top air filters, removed the insulation on the hood, and the engine cover stays home.

I waited until I could afford Velocity's springs, ECU, pulley and cable and did all at once at a local performance shop, There is a cost savings for bundling and a forum discount that Stu@velocity will help you with, or you could take your chances for a bigger discount around Black Friday which Velocity has done more than once from what I could tell digging through the forums.

Also, you might call Velocity direct with your questions... super helpful team Stu has over there.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D0gv0m1t
Same exact car and I was at where you were a year ago, I just finished everything in April.

I did the resonator delete for exhaust, which cost me ~$120 at a muffler shop... I have mixed feelings about the results. It does sound louder, but WOT has a bit too much rice burner sound for my liking. There is no drone, but if I had to do it over again, I might just have waited to see what it sounded like after the tune (with crackles/pops turned on.) I still might go get the resonators put back on at some point.

For engine/supercharger sound I replaced the air filters with BMC's, took out the top air filters, removed the insulation on the hood, and the engine cover stays home.

I waited until I could afford Velocity's springs, ECU, pulley and cable and did all at once at a local performance shop, There is a cost savings for bundling and a forum discount that Stu@velocity will help you with, or you could take your chances for a bigger discount around Black Friday which Velocity has done more than once from what I could tell digging through the forums.

Also, you might call Velocity direct with your questions... super helpful team Stu has over there.
Appreciate the feedback and I have contacted Stu with some of my questions as of yesterday. Good to know about the delete mod as I was debating on doing it as well.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Pulley and tune should be plenty for the power on the car. Better tires would another good upgrade.