XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Seat Adjustments going crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seat Adjustments going crazy?

So this week I experienced this twice, not sure what is going on. Am I pressing something accidentally or is there some function to the seat I am unaware of? I open the car, get in and the seat starts backing all they way down and back on its own it would seem. I then have to hit my memory button for it to return to the right position.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

hi! I havent had that in a Jag but I have in a volvo. In that case it was that the keys set to the preference of a particular driver so when you unlock using that key the seat goes to the position of that driver.

So in my case it was my wife's car, so it would go to her position. Then if I used the car for a few days (I'm not sure how many unlocks) it would reset to be my seat position, and my wife would be all salty about it when she got the car back.

I'm not sure if that happens in the Jags as well.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 AM

I am the only one driving my car and only using one key.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe there is setting that you can select or de-select that has to do with easy entry or something like that, it also raises the steering wheel up all the way as well, I am not 100% sure but thought I had seen it some were.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Don't panic, RaffinJ!

While I was waiting in the service area of a local Jaguar dealership, I watched what those technician "kids" do with customer's cars. Some of them (salesmen also) will never be able to buy one of these XE's, so in the 3 hours they have your key, they trick every setting in the danged car like it belongs to them and not you. What the h__?!!"

It's possible the staff personnel who was responsible for delivering your car, locked his/her plump behind into YOUR car's memory just as if it was HIS car.

Bruce is right that certain Jaguar models have primary owner-memory, and if yours does, you'll need to get the handbook to find the procedure.

Otherwise, just try this: set the seat, side mirrors and steering column to your position, then store it in ALL THREE memory switches (to overwrite all possible residual settings).

This Jaguar is YOURS. Exorcise all ghosts left behind by any visiting wannabes.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:15 AM

I think I figured out what is going on and it maybe my fault. It happened again two days ago and I caught a message on my center console saying something about Setting 2..... I can only imagine it was saying changing to settings associated with button 2 and my hand was very close to the area closing the door. I must be hitting the buttons on the memory keypad making the seat adjust. As someone suggested here or on the UK forum I will just change all settings to my fav setting

Old 03-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi new guy here.. That maybe my only real complaint with the car is the Very Poorly thought out windows and memory arrangement.. I find the two tier design confusing and un-nessary. There is no need for the memory presets to be so close at hand, right by the door pull. waiting to be hit.. And having the actual window switches up top and a reach away is dumb. Heres an Infiniti not plugging the car but the ergonomics much better. IMO

Attached Thumbnails Seat Adjustments going crazy?-2017-infiniti-q50-door-inserts-original.jpg