XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Should I "reserve"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I "reserve"?

New guy here. I currently have a BMW 3 series (e90 to any past -BMW folks) and and am looking for my next car. The XE R Sport is really appealing to me and the reviews have been great. I'm considering putting in a reservation in for an XE but am a little hesitant and was hoping some long term Jag folks might be able to help. I'm concerned about:

1) how putting a deposit down would impact my ability to negotiate for the actual car when the time comes. What sort of discounting is typical for Jaguar and does this impact my negotiating leverage?
2) not having driven (or even seen one in person) I'm not ready to decide this is the right car for me (Audi S3 and BMW 340 are the others I'm looking at).

Lastly, for anyone in the DC area, any preferred dealers/salesman you like?

Many thanks

Old 04-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 876 Posts

Cant help for the US, but in Oz it seemed that the people who had cars built for them had to wait a little longer. I just phoned around and got one that I wanted which was already on a ship.

And if I had been patient and waited for 4 months or so after they started being delivered (as if!) the deals were getting better. These are a volume car for Jag (relatively speaking) so they bring in plenty.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Cant help for the US, but in Oz it seemed that the people who had cars built for them had to wait a little longer. I just phoned around and got one that I wanted which was already on a ship.

And if I had been patient and waited for 4 months or so after they started being delivered (as if!) the deals were getting better. These are a volume car for Jag (relatively speaking) so they bring in plenty.
Thanks BruceTheQuail, thats good advice. I suspect in the USit would be similar.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfarb
New guy here. I currently have a BMW 3 series (e90 to any past -BMW folks) and and am looking for my next car. The XE R Sport is really appealing to me and the reviews have been great. I'm considering putting in a reservation in for an XE but am a little hesitant and was hoping some long term Jag folks might be able to help. I'm concerned about:

1) how putting a deposit down would impact my ability to negotiate for the actual car when the time comes. What sort of discounting is typical for Jaguar and does this impact my negotiating leverage?
2) not having driven (or even seen one in person) I'm not ready to decide this is the right car for me (Audi S3 and BMW 340 are the others I'm looking at).

Lastly, for anyone in the DC area, any preferred dealers/salesman you like?

Many thanks
I would strongly recommend Jaguar of Annapolis and Amy Anderson.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
I would strongly recommend Jaguar of Annapolis and Amy Anderson.
Thanks Foosh! Just drove past there yesterday. Will give them a call

Old 05-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're lucky enough, they can amend one that is already in the process of being built. At least that's what the dealer guy told me for the one that I reserved. This should make delivery of your car a little bit faster than from being built from scratch.