XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Sirius XM: preset stations won't set?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sirius XM: preset stations won't set?

I've got no real problems with the info-tainment system in my '17 XE R Sport...sound is good and everything works as it should except this one annoying issue:

The Sirius XM radio will not accept stations to preset. FM presets, no problem. I couldn't care less about AM, so I don't know....

About two weeks ago I started the XE and turned on the media- I always listen to Sirius XM, but the radio had defaulted to AM and static, as I'd never even bothered with the AM radio.

When I selected the mode button, all the media options appeared except satellite radio. I chalked this up to sun spots or just general atmospheric weirdness with the signal and turned all the media off and just enjoyed the sound of the car in dynamic mode....

Later I checked and Sirius XM was back, but all my preset stations had disappeared and try as I might, I couldn't preset any stations. I checked to make sure the stations weren't blocked on the radio sub menu and none were- none of that is even enabled.

I've had an XM, and later Sirius XM account since the late 90's and the radio number is registered, and the account shows active in the satellite radio sub menu of the XE. I've refreshed the radio multiple times with no avail.

Everything else works flawlessly. Hell, my favorite MLB teams are still saved. No other satellite radio issues.

FM, Bluetooth and phone all work as they should. My last generation iPhone streams my goofy modern Jazz from the MOJA internet radio station on the phone seamlessly through the sound system.

It's a small thing I know. I didn't buy this car to listen to music or to find my way.

I bought it to go fast with relative style and grace.

Anyone else experienced this?

Any ideas that I haven't already tried?

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 05-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dose the regular FM set stations work or is it only your XM ? if so call XM and have them send you a refresh all new signal and see if that helps .

Old 06-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Called my dealer Monday and explained my satellite radio problem.

I was told there was a software update specifically for NAS satellite radio and did I want to drop it off Tuesday morning?

Dropped the XE @0730 today, got a loaner (2016 Land Rover Discovery) and goofed off until my service writer called me back @ 0925 to tell me they had successfully installed H017 INCONTROL TOUCH PHASE 3.2 SDARS UPDATE and the car was ready for pick up.

It was that easy.

Problem solved.

And then I ran out to the EVOC (Emergency Vehicles Operations Center) track, but alas, there were too many supervisors around to play on the track in a civilian car......

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 06-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.