XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Spring Drive - Massachusetts/Greater Boston

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Spring Drive - Massachusetts/Greater Boston

Hello Everyone

Since the weather is finally getting better and we have more and more XE drivers in MA, maybe we could do a spring drive on one of the weekends?

The roads I have in mind are:

Option 1:
Route 1 North from Boston to Route 127 (just outside of Marblehead)
Route 127 North all the way to Rockport and Halibut State Park (great driving road with amazing scenery)
From there, we could take Route 133 that goes West towards Lowell, jump on I-495 and then Route 2 coming back to Boston. Route 2 in Concord/Lincoln area is a great road with nice countryside along the way. A lot of places to see (such as Decordova museum) or have lunch.

Option 2:
We take Route 2 from Boston all the way to Templeton and then take Route 122 Southeast (amazing road to drive, few cars, beautiful scenery).
We can visit Stone Cow Brewery which is quaint farm/brewery with a breathtaking view of surrounding countryside. It's located in Barre, MA.
From there, we could continue on Route 122 southeast and jump on I-90 or I-495 close to Worcester.

Either route is around 100 miles both ways. Both have good driving roads, beautiful views and numerous authentic places to have lunch.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been meaning to circle back to this thread. Now that it's no longer spring () and it's stopped raining in MA, a scenic drive would be fun! Summer drive, perhaps?

Not sure if other MA/New England XEs (or other Jags, I won't discriminate) would participate. It would be fun to have a rolling parade of British royalty...

Old 06-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am open to a group ride. Was the only XE at British Car Day at Larz Anderson... Several thought my car was the XF. With no badges, I too can get them confused at first site.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 AM

Sure, I am always down for a nice drive.

We can definitely organize nice Sunday drive in the upcoming weeks. Maybe on a weekend of 8-9th July?

I and my fellow petrolhead friend are planning to go to the White Mountains soon. Kancamacus Highway is beautiful at this time.

Do you guys have favorite routes?

I am sure other Jag owners would be happy to join. I do get a feeling of them looking down at XE haha. However, I can understand that. XE is not your typical Jaguar but it is the one (along with F-Pace) that will keep their income statement healthy.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:14 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Come on guys, everyone near Boston should be members of the local Jaguar club:

Jaguar Association of New England (JANE) Home Page

================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
I am sure other Jag owners would be happy to join. I do get a feeling of them looking down at XE haha. However, I can understand that. XE is not your typical Jaguar but it is the one (along with F-Pace) that will keep their income statement healthy.
I thought the response was positive on my Jag from other owners. The size makes sense and that is the only car Jaguar is selling in that size with 4 doors. I don't see it as a non-typical Jaguar.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I thought the response was positive on my Jag from other owners. The size makes sense and that is the only car Jaguar is selling in that size with 4 doors. I don't see it as a non-typical Jaguar.
Since I'm new to the Jaguar family, I still like to think that we stand by our own (especially since, as does the FPace, it keeps the JLR income statement looking good). Besides, the XE can hold its own, and has done so amidst stiff competition in its class. Every time I see an A4 or a 3-series, I'm still glad I picked the XE.

A summer drive one of these upcoming weekends would be great! I'm not particularly partial to any routes, other than ones without traffic (which, well, don't really exist). White Mountains are nice, but full of traffic, particularly with so many people off this week for the 4th. I'll defer to folks on the route. Who's in?

Bummed I missed the spring slalom with JANE - I'd love to try to catch the fall slalom.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

A drive to Mt Washington Resort would be nice.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 AM

Mt Washington is great! I have been to the White Mountains several times but have never gone to Mt Washington.

Kancamagus Hwy is right there too and that road is a pleasure to drive on. It will be a whole day trip though.

The alternative could be Route 2 West (Mohawk Trail) towards Berkshires and then back through Route 122 towards Worcester. That is another beautiful road to drive, lots of curves and amazing scenery.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:02 PM

Looks like this will be a great Sunday for a drive, if folks are still up for this. Who's in?

i think Route 2 west and 122 back sounds good but open to other ideas as well.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
Looks like this will be a great Sunday for a drive, if folks are still up for this. Who's in?

i think Route 2 west and 122 back sounds good but open to other ideas as well.
Unfortunately, I will not be available tomorrow but how about next Sunday?

We could meet at Framingham Plaza off I-90 maybe?

Also, I will try to post in Northeast area so that other Jag owners can join us.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Sunday works for me! Anyone else in New England want to join us?

The only place I remember in the Framingham Plaza is the Honey Dew. Is that the best place to meet in the plaza (I mean, it's not like we don't know how to find Jaguars)?