XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE S: RWD vs. AWD

Old 10-10-2017, 09:35 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts
Default XE S: RWD vs. AWD

Jake recently got to head out to Jaguar's Art of Performance tour, and one of the things he got to do was drive the RWD and the AWD back to back on a autocross. Obviously, one of the cars will win... But the real winner here? That's Jake. That's Jake for sure.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts

I'd probably stick with RWD. But I'm a traditionalist.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

I’m a, err, err—wait,… what’s a traditionalist? I might want to be that too.

I’ve always been driving FWD compacts and subcompacts. And always in cities, where you can count on a hard finished road to play on, and you follow the experts’ advice for getting good snow tires when winter comes, INSTEAD of relying on the thingy called All-Wheel drive that leaves SUVs and Jeeps wrapped all around the trees and in the ditches around my icy winters.

I’m with the head-shakers who think most drivers let the dealer convince them to pay extra gobs for the AWD, then mostly don’t use it properly during the only moment of motion where AWD actually benefits the drive…
…And meanwhile, RWD, when driven by someone who knows its physics, is just so interesting a feeling to your senses.

Yeah, I prefer RWD too.
Can I get a T-shirt, if I say I am a traditionalist? Is there a T-shirt involved in it?

Old 10-13-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the T-shirt is OK, but we can't get RWD in Canada, just the stuff product planners think we want and will pay extra for. If I think you would like more weight, more expense, more complications and less control can I get an MBA in the mail?