XF (X260) 2015 onwards

alarm has car locked down

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default alarm has car locked down

I accidentally trigger the alarm in the car while I was in it, and ,long story short, the car will not come out if lockdown; will not start. The brake pedal is very stiff, the start/stop button just flashes and doesn't respond when pushed. Only the miles show up on the dash (ICTP system). The jag splash screen shows up on the infotainment system, but nothing else. I follow the instructions on disarming the alarm (key FOB to the left of the steering wheel and try to start, using the manual key to unlock the car), but I get nothing. The car had to be towed to the dealer, and unfortunately the windows are not all up.
Does anyone know if I am missing something to get the vehicle started again and out of lockdown?
2016 xf w/ in-control touch pro
thanks!
Jon

Old 05-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 242 Posts

Too late now if it's already been taken to the dealer but a main battery disconnect/reset could have been tried.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Well?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok, I wanted to be 100% sure before I made a post...
The next day I went to dealership, they were closed being Sunday, with my spare key, and the car responded to my 2nd key! I couldn't test my primary key since it had already been put in their dropbox the night before by the tow truck driver. The next day I stopped by the dealer to pick up my primary key, where I was told it must be a fluke and that nothing is wrong - I was a bit irked at this, but everything was in working order.
After I pulled in my driveway, I figured why not try it again... and the car was in complete lock-down (I had both of my keys on me when I used the app to lock the car - inside the car).

The short of the story is that it went back to the dealership where they were able to get the car out of lock-down mode (essentially the keys were disassociated with the car). Apparently, if a key FOB is in the car and you remotely lock the car (with the app or your backup FOB), the FOB in the car is disassociated with the vehicle, and can be re-associated with it by unlocking it with the other key FOB (not the app). If both your FOBs are in the car and you use the FOB or app to lock the car, you need to get towed to nearest Jag dealer.

I was told this is a security measure - you leave your fob in the car, so you lock your car with the other FOB or app and if someone breaks into your car, they can't use the FOB you left in it. It would have been great if the app sensed that one or more FOBs were in the car and give the user a warning - lesson learned.

On a bright note, there was another software update for my car that fixed my ICTP cluster (previously, the digital MPH was not showing up in the center of the speedometer).

I hope this helps anyone out there to avoid the same issue I went through.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Message to self..... DON'T carry both FOBS or leave one in the car! Thanks for the explanation. I'm not going to test it