XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Any one in USA drive new XF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts
Default Any one in USA drive new XF?

Some dealerships are sowing actual photos of 2016 at dealership. Anyone gone to test drive?

Old 11-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Some dealerships are sowing actual photos of 2016 at dealership. Anyone gone to test drive?
I went to drive it. Jaguar of Buckhead in Atlanta. They had several of them including two S models.

Overall thoughts:
1) Thought the car drives very well. Much better than a 535i. Feels agile. But then again all these cars are getting lighter so all upcoming models will be more agile.
2) exhaust sound is great for a family sedan on S model.
3) interior seems okay but nothing special. Comparable to 5 series but remember that's a 5 year old model. I suspect this will be weakest interior in class once new E class and new 5 series are out.
4) still has the small screen navigation system which is completely ****.
5) build quality feels very solid. Better than Audi.

If I was in market for a V6 sedan (which I am not) then I would probably wait and get the new E class. But if you had to buy a 535i E350 or this today, then this is the nicest car if you can put up with the **** electronics.

I'm actually in market for a replacement for my m5 but am waiting for new E63S. Based on today's experience I am not holding much hope for the XFR.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 11-04-2015 at 12:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jaguny (11-12-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

I've driven a couple. They absolutely rock! Very smooth and with just a press of the throttle you fall in love. It sounds like a F Type with the exhaust closed. Make sure you try out every driving mode, or at least Sport + Dynamic.

Huge difference on interiors too and most of the first wave XF sedans are standard cars with no options or upgrades. Until you use the InControl Apps, you won't be able to experience how much better Jags new system is. No waiting when you are typing, faster reaction with voice responses....

Also go online and watch the Jaguar 'How To' videos. Just Google 'Jaguar How To XF videos to find them.

Cheers,

Old 11-04-2015, 06:39 PM

Also go online and watch the Jaguar 'How To' videos. Just Google 'Jaguar How To XF videos to find them.

That way, you'll be familiar with the touchscreen and all the different controls. It's impossible to get the full read on something different the same time you're driving it.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 PM

Spent an hour behind the wheel. So nice. The R Sport I was is was decked out with every option $16k worth, that could be checked off.

New navi let me enter a destination while driving. Nice....

Heads up display was wonderful. My camera wouldn't show my speed reflected, which was odd. I could see it but it appeared and disappeared in my camera.

The adaptive cruise control will brake very hard if needed. I was in rush hour and wanted to see how it responded.

The traffic alert picked up an accident miles away and asked me if I wanted to detour around it. Pretty cool.

The suede cloth is of a softer, finer grade. Must have feature.

The sound system was way up there. Listening to a band I had seen live was just like being in the front row. Just outstanding.

It's fast!

Love the front cameras. The 360 view was really cool too. Wish my old gal has them.

It feels so beyond everything in the $50k-$60k class. It is so fluid, and quickly becomes part of you.

The seats felt perfect. Heated and cooled front & rear.

The self parking feature is one button fast. Press again if you want a different parking mode. Very freaky to see the steering wheel move by itself.

I tried to get photos while driving but I was on some bad roads that made taking a steady shot. Same with the video. I'll try to better next time.

Cheers,

How do you insert a video?

jaguny (11-12-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My my, what an encouraging post, GGabriel. Yessssssssss!

Old 11-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Cars are now with customers here in England. This week's Autocar magazine puts the car ahead of the equivalent BMW 5 Series. My neightbour has just bought a 2013 car, (the old model). Apparently the dealership in Stoke-on-Trent has been very busy, "manic" the salesman said. There are now plenty of the old XF now around at good prices.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I went to drive it. Jaguar of Buckhead in Atlanta. They had several of them including two S models.

Overall thoughts:
1) Thought the car drives very well. Much better than a 535i. Feels agile. But then again all these cars are getting lighter so all upcoming models will be more agile.
2) exhaust sound is great for a family sedan on S model.
3) interior seems okay but nothing special. Comparable to 5 series but remember that's a 5 year old model. I suspect this will be weakest interior in class once new E class and new 5 series are out.
4) still has the small screen navigation system which is completely ****.
5) build quality feels very solid. Better than Audi.

If I was in market for a V6 sedan (which I am not) then I would probably wait and get the new E class. But if you had to buy a 535i E350 or this today, then this is the nicest car if you can put up with the **** electronics.

I'm actually in market for a replacement for my m5 but am waiting for new E63S. Based on today's experience I am not holding much hope for the XFR.
I think you can upgrade the nav screen to a larger size. I was at Northoint in Atlanta yeaterday and there eas a white one in the showroom but dealership was closed. Plenty of f type s's that looked great. The side rear quarter looked better in person.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I think you can upgrade the nav screen to a larger size. I was at Northoint in Atlanta yeaterday and there eas a white one in the showroom but dealership was closed. Plenty of f type s's that looked great. The side rear quarter looked better in person.
You can. However the larger nav screen isn't out till next year. I think Jaguar made a mistake launching with the older tech.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
You can. However the larger nav screen isn't out till next year. I think Jaguar made a mistake launching with the older tech.
I wish you could have the larger screen without having the TFT instrument panel, I like analogue gauges myself.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove an XF R sport, first time driving a Jag, I was pretty impressed with the suspension and acceleration. I have driven plenty of others and was at a recent Audi driving experience so I had just driven the A6 6cyl, 535i, and E350, and they were fresh in my mind. I think the XF drove better, but hard to tell in the limited drive and not back to back drives.

I agree the interior is not impressive, but it was very nice, the seats were comfortable and driving position was good.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

On my third XF. (2010 5.0 NA portfolio, 2011 5.0 SC, 2014 3.0 AWD Portfolio).
Drove the 2016 XF-S AWD.
Comparing to current gen:

The good -
-car looks good, well proportioned all around (except dual exhaust tips a little weak)
-Much quicker, pulls hard
-feels noticeably lighter and more agile
- handles better
- ride is very-very good with less road noise even on the 20".
-car feels rock solid
-sport seats are good
-more of a driver's car

The not-so-good-
-Interior design and layout - meh.
-interior not the understated elegance expected in a Jag / not as rich looking / not as high quality / not as nice to the touch compared to current gen.
-noticeably lower grade leather
-hard, cheap looking plastic compared to better plastics used in current gen.
-some ergonomic mistakes and too many small buttons on steering wheel and elsewhere
-WAY OVERPRICED
-steering is quick, accurate, feels OK and not as over-boosted, but not as communicative or as delicate as current gen. hyd. system
-even in Dynamic mode, still no sporty exhaust/engine sound. The sweetest sounding of the bunch was my first 2010 5.0 NA

Last edited by yidal8; 11-10-2015 at 01:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by yidal8:
jaguny (11-12-2015), needanXF (11-10-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 11:28 AM

About an hour behind the wheel. I didn't notice before the self correcting steering. Boy do I need this feature.

Fuel economy on a tight engine with under 180 miles on it. At 72 mph, I averaged 35 mpg over 10 miles

. On a car this fast and this large, that's pretty impressive.

I was showing higher than started back up a hill and it went down. Still 35.2 mpg@ 72 mph isn't too bad

jaguny (11-12-2015)