XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Just bought an XF

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an XF

Hello all. I'm new to the forum but hope that someone may be able to steer me in the right direction. I recently bought a CPO vehicle, a 2013 XF 5.0 Ltr Supercharged. First, what's the correct way to refer to the car? I've heard XFS, XF S/C, and 2013 Supercharged. Second, from what I've been told it is something of an unusual variant of the XF. How can I find out how many of this particular variant were imported to the U.S. in 2013? On line all I've been able to find are sales figures for the whole XF series, but not by variant.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This forum is "XF (X260) 2015 onwards"

Please contact a moderator to move your post. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Congratulations on the new vehicle - and welcome to the forum!

No easy answer to your question. It's not an XFS - that has been used in a few countries as a sport designation on some cars but isn't mainstream
Most on here refer to it as the XF SC (or XF S/C). And it's real name is XF Supercharged
But it's confusing as there are many supercharged models including the popular V6 supercharged. So for avoidance of doubt you should always specify it's the V8 / 5.0 SC model

Note that it's mechanically almost identical to the XFR - cosmetic differences in and out plus a different tune (and I think exhaust too) - but the rest is basically the same

On import numbers I don't think they break it down by trim/sub model. the SC and XFR are less common than the more standard luxury and premium models. But I wouldn't say they are rare - there are plenty here on the forum. I have the 2010 V8 SC for example
Given that annual sales in the US are only 6-8000 per year for the XF overall, it can't be a big number. That's what a lot of us like!

Last edited by BritCars; 09-14-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase of a Jaguar XF, hope you have thousands of miles of happy motoring !

However, you're in the wrong forum for your 2013 car , because in 2016, a revised XF with an aluminium body shell was introduced by Jaguar to replace the car you now have. It looks substantially the same but there are very major differences mechanically. The best forum for asking questions is the one for the X250 and found in the group "Jaguar Models (Modern).