XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Center Console

Hey Everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Could anyone tell me how to get at the center console, the cup holders closest to the armrest more specifically. I dropped some change down there and now every time the "door" opens over the cup holders it hits the change and makes a noise, really quite annoying. Anyone have any advice on how to get down there?

Thanks again,

Aaron

Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronW
Hey Everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Could anyone tell me how to get at the center console, the cup holders closest to the armrest more specifically. I dropped some change down there and now every time the "door" opens over the cup holders it hits the change and makes a noise, really quite annoying. Anyone have any advice on how to get down there?

Thanks again,

Aaron
If you just need to get under the cup holder, it is removeable. I've done this a few times just to wash the cup holder assembly. Squeeze the two prongs that stick up together and lift up the whole thing right out (you might have to wirggle it a bit, but it will come out). You'll then have access to that section.

If you need to get to the area to the side, then I would go to one of the Jaguar online retailers' web sites (such as
Jaguar Sacramento | Niello Jaguar Dealer-Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin or www.jaguarparts.com) and look up the console. It looks like the sides just pull off the central part. I haven't done it on my Jaguar but on my Porsche, the sides are held on by spring clips. You just get your fingers under the edge and separate. Reinstallation is just pressing back in. You should ask someone in the Jaguar service department as they would know for sure.