XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Color Coded Decals for Scratch/Chip Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Color Coded Decals for Scratch/Chip Repair

Hi,

I need to repair a chip on my right front bumper. The chip is about the same size as a quarter.

I have always used touch up paint and have gotten pretty good with it with sanding, leveling, etc..

Yesterday, I came across a company on the Internet that makes color coded pieces of vinyl in various shapes and/or rolls. I watched the video on their website and was very impressed with the overall look, color match, etc... You are required to supply the company with your model, make, year and paint code. The basic set costs around $ 40 and would provide enough material for many repairs. The color matched decal is simply removed from the backing sheet and the decal has an adhesive. It is advertised to handle all types of weather but can be removed and repositioned when you do initial application.

Has anyone ever heard of or used this product? In my opinion, the final product looked better than the long tedious process needed for filling and painting chips or scratches that we get on our vehicles.

I have no connection at all with this company and I am simply trying to find out if anyone has used this product and if they were happy with the result. Thank you.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a good video from Larry at AMMO NYC who is an absolute maniac when it comes to detailing vehicles. I have no personal experience but he goes into pretty good detail about the pros and cons, and it's unbiased.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Color Coded Paint Decals for Chips/Scratches

Thank you for your input.

I have seen the video posted above and this was why I became interested in this product since the results obtained in the video were excellent (IMO).

This the reason why I became interested in the product and was asking if anyone actually used this decal method before I spend $40 and find that the video was misleading and that product did not live up to expectations.

Again, thanks for your input and please post your reviews if you have ever used this product.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by spanky145
Hi,

I need to repair a chip on my right front bumper. The chip is about the same size as a quarter.

I have always used touch up paint and have gotten pretty good with it with sanding, leveling, etc..

Yesterday, I came across a company on the Internet that makes color coded pieces of vinyl in various shapes and/or rolls. I watched the video on their website and was very impressed with the overall look, color match, etc... You are required to supply the company with your model, make, year and paint code. The basic set costs around $ 40 and would provide enough material for many repairs. The color matched decal is simply removed from the backing sheet and the decal has an adhesive. It is advertised to handle all types of weather but can be removed and repositioned when you do initial application.

Has anyone ever heard of or used this product? In my opinion, the final product looked better than the long tedious process needed for filling and painting chips or scratches that we get on our vehicles.

I have no connection at all with this company and I am simply trying to find out if anyone has used this product and if they were happy with the result. Thank you.

I need that website....I totally want to try this....