XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

First trip to a dealer for my wife and it didn't go well

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
Default First trip to a dealer for my wife and it didn't go well

So my wife took her new to us 13 XF 3.0 awd in for a few issues to West Chester Jaguar and they basically told her to go pound sand. The car when it is cold will have the front doors latches will not latch when you shut the door on occassion. Of course the first time it did it I looked up to see if there was a TSB on it and it showed right up in a google search. Seems they weren't lubed right and the cable freezes in the sleeve. Jaguar of West Chester told her that they couldn't find any TSB on the door lock and of course since it is a weather thing and it was above freezing the door didn't do it that day.

The second issue is on shut down the exhaust rattles pretty loudly, their response to this was "all the 3.0s do that".

Anybody else have these issues and did you have to hold the hand of the inept dealer to get the issues addressed? I don't think we will ever go back to Jag of West Chester at this point as from what I've read on the door latch issue it is pretty widespread esp. in the North East and covers virtually every year steel body XF.

Of course I wouldn't have stood for this but I am trying to teach my wife how do deal with service "unadvisers".

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This doesn't answer your question, but have you considered the Willow Grove dealership? I see some have recommended going there on this forum. West Chester would be the closest dealership to me, so I may end up getting my maintenance done there as I don't know of any good jag mechanics in Chester County.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by PA_JAG_GUY
This doesn't answer your question, but have you considered the Willow Grove dealership? I see some have recommended going there on this forum. West Chester would be the closest dealership to me, so I may end up getting my maintenance done there as I don't know of any good jag mechanics in Chester County.
I haven't yet. This is the first Jaguar we have ever taken to a dealer. I have a great indie service guy in Felton PA but of course he doesn't do warranty work. Hbg is the closest dealer but my experience with them (parts) has been absolutely horrible so we figured we would try West Chester as it is the next closest (about an horror). Willow Grove is close to two hours and of course $10 in tolls on top of that.

I did just get an update from my wife that when she called with the actual TSB number and told them they now need to come pick up the car and provide a loaner they said sorry, parts will be ordered and we will come pick it up. Still not acceptable especially when she made the appointment she told them there was a TSB on the door latch 2 weeks prior. I am concerned about letting them do work if they can't operate a computer, or even a google search on a smart phone.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:53 AM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm not one to badmouth someone but I've had a ton of issues with my XF I purchased from them. They were always polite and professional but I would put their service in the incompetent category. Without getting in to much detail, some of the major headaches were they certified (CPO) a car that needed thousands of dollars of work at the time of purchase, they didn't pay a rental car bill which resulted in me having to cancel my credit card, and the overall experience has made me shy away from Jaguar for our next purchase. I would never recommend purchasing or servicing your car with Jaguar West Chester.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

this really seems to be a key problem with jaguars. The dealerships are very nice to when you are buying but their service departments are lacking.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

for the record... out west... oregon to be precise... ive only one dealer within 120 miles...and ive always had great service....expensive, but great.... i do try to never go there ....one i like to do all of the stuff that im capable of myself.....and 2. going into the showroom makes me want a new jag....

Old 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Is your car still under warranty? If not, find a local shop!
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine

Old 03-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pab

That seems to be tough in the chester county PA area. Don't seem to be many mechanics that work on Jags.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by pab

Yeah, It is under warranty, otherwise I would replace them myself (or at least put the lube in the sleeve that the factory didn't). What good is a warranty if the dealers don't know even what TSB that are out there?