XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Automatic engine shutown when switched from D to P

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic engine shutown when switched from D to P

Hi i have just purchased a 2013 xf jag v6 premium luxury and I am new to the jag experience, I have noticed a couple of times when I have parked up that my music, air con the centre button all goes off and engine turns itself off without me pressing the off button, and what I am describing is different to the eco situation like when you stop and keep your break pressed the engine switches off until you take your foot off the break, I am talking about when you say park up in a lay by or at home or when shopping the said above happens. its just I dont know how I did it??

please help its driving me mad

Old 10-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts

My 13 5.0SC does that too, most of the time.

It happens mostly when you shift into park and take your lap belt off. The car is so smart it will shut down the car for you - - - - Most of the time.

My routine now is shift to park, set e-brake, and remove belt. 95% of the time, it will turn off.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As said above, this is the car assuming that you are parking and leaving so it shuts everything down without you having to hold the start stop button to turn it off. This only happens when you take off your seatbelt. As far as I know there is no way to disable this feature permanently. Personally, I like it, but I can see why it might not be to everyones satisfaction.

Last edited by ATFS13XFR; 10-12-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added seatbelt detail
Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

If the radio stayed on when it shut down it would be fine but I find it very annoying. My solution is to always have Eco mode off when parking