XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Help! Dynamic mode error and Gearbox fault!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help! Dynamic mode error and Gearbox fault!!

The other day when I was out in the heavy rain, I got the warning for 'Dynamic mode error' and 'Gearbox fault' flash up, along with the CEL. The car would not go into Dynamic mode and the revs increased when I pull off, it revs to 2k before moving almost. I pulled over and restarted the car, the warnings disappeared but the CEL stayed on although the car seemed to drive normal, I checked the code and it was 'U0001' which shows as a generic code when I do a search. I cleared the code and it didn't come back until I drove it again (it was still raining). This has happened 3 times now and although it hasn't been dry, it wasn't even raining today.

I read on 2 other forums that rain can cause this issue:
'Re: Adaptive Dynamic Fault "amberlight" Error I just heard from a Jaguar service advisor that the Adaptive Dynamic Fault light comes up when the car is a heavy rain situation.
The sensor with moisture and constant rain get affected and creates this error...Once the error is detected, the car (by default) selects the Sport Dynamic mode (which is a stiffer ride) until the message clears.
I'm not sure if this is what's happening with mine as it stays in drive, sport is still selectable though, it might be a coincidence but it's not happened before and it first happened when we had some really heavy rain the other day.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? The car is with Jaguar at the moment getting a service in morning. I'm hesitant to ask them to look it at though if I can get it fixed cheaper elsewhere or even tackle it myself? If not, I can always ask them. What's the best thing to do? The car is quite to new me so I still have warranty but the garage is 60 miles away so I don't mind paying to get it fixed if it's not too expensive.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 AM

I guess this issue is not as common as I was hoping, as the car was with Jaguar, I asked them to have a look at it as they would be connecting to the ECU anyway as part of the service. They said they was no codes stored but if it happens again, as I live so close to them, call first and take it in without turning the car off so they can read the code.

On a more positive note, it did pass it's health check which I was worried might bring up more issues I didn't know about, well apart from the wheel spacers which seem to have puzzled the tech a bit from the impression I got when I just called in but I was aware they're not standard equipment. I'm impressed with the video they send you, I know it's a long shot but can anyone spot anything from this: https://video.citnow.com/vtKQn8PZb5b

Also, could it be the battery? What should the voltage be with everything turned off?

Old 11-27-2017, 07:34 AM

After covering a load of miles in all conditions and not having this error pop up, I'm pretty confident I found the source. It's only ever occurred when I was running the Torque app on my phone streaming live data to extra dials in the software via a Bluetooth obd adaptor. Once I stopped doing this it's never happened again and never did before I used it.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Leet8845
After covering a load of miles in all conditions and not having this error pop up, I'm pretty confident I found the source. It's only ever occurred when I was running the Torque app on my phone streaming live data to extra dials in the software via a Bluetooth obd adaptor. Once I stopped doing this it's never happened again and never did before I used it.
This happened to me constantly when I ran Torque. I think the car ECU does not play nice with the OBDII scanners.

I have switched over to DashCommander and have had the error occur much less frequently, though it still occurs from time to time. However, for me it has never appeared while driving. When it does happen, it occurs when I get in the car on start-up, so I am confident the issues is with the OBDII module and not actually something wrong with the gearbox. I will be looking into changing out the Trans. fluid before Spring comes around. Maybe low fluid levels could be a cause of the error code (just guessing ...lol).

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 11-27-2017 at 02:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Leet8845 (11-27-2017)