XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

If your dash is Bubbling, and your out of warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Bigg Will, dude, please stop. You lost this one. It's ok. Just don't embarrass yourself anymore in public. You took a huge hit, but take your licks and move on.

You are not a good looking man, so please stop taking pictures of yourself with other people's cars that you don't own and posting them like you own them.

And reflect back on how you have handled being wrong in public. It's not good the way you handled those situations. It's shown a serious level of immaturity and insecurity.

Just stop the madness, bro. It worked out for your cousin (which I think you are lying about him being your cousin because you've proven you are a pathological liar), but it didn't work out for you. You got the short and ugly genes, and not a lot of intelligence. But hey, we're all different and that's ok.

Please don't reply. It's better for you that way.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Bigg Will, dude, please stop. You lost this one. It's ok. Just don't embarrass yourself anymore in public. You took a huge hit, but take your licks and move on.

You are not a good looking man, so please stop taking pictures of yourself with other people's cars that you don't own and posting them like you own them.

And reflect back on how you have handled being wrong in public. It's not good the way you handled those situations. It's shown a serious level of immaturity and insecurity.

Just stop the madness, bro. It worked out for your cousin (which I think you are lying about him being your cousin because you've proven you are a pathological liar), but it didn't work out for you. You got the short and ugly genes, and not a lot of intelligence. But hey, we're all different and that's ok.

Please don't reply. It's better for you that way.

Again just gonna cut and paste from one of the other post where your head was up all the fellas behinds... I now know why though..lol

Oh you need to feel as if you've won something, I get it now. So that's how it is when the highlight of your day is to comment on another MANS LOOKS...lotus! GOTCHA , I'm not about that life that involves sword fighting but apparently you are, ENJOY...

Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM
HJ2
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brain is bubbling now...

Old 03-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I am in SoCal and need this fixed on my car.
Please give me the contact information for your repair guy please.
thank you, Michael

Old 05-02-2018, 01:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgaumond
Hello
I am in SoCal and need this fixed on my car.
Please give me the contact information for your repair guy please.
thank you, Michael
Ernie's upholstery in Colton CA.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dash Leather has started bubbling as well.
But I'm just going to replace it completely with Black leather. I have Brown at the moment.

In fact, I'm planning on changing all the Brown Leather in the XF to Black.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by bigg will
ernie's upholstery in colton ca.
thank you very much!

Old 05-17-2018, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Order, order I say! Why are you two such children? or maybe... manchildren/womenchildren? (Don't want to offend any of you ladies out there!) If you'd like me to tell you a little story about my first argument with my first girlfriend, I'd love to share, but moving on...

I work at a Chrysler dealership and I can tell you for these Takata airbag recalls, almost none of the techs follow the book anymore on any of them! Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM, technicians found "the easy way" to do things and will continue to do so, it's the only way to play with the flat-rate system.

When I scheduled to have my XF brought into the local JLR dealer for the airbag recall they had told me it would take 5-6 hours and offered me a loaner since the entire dash needs to come apart, but in my time there I saw a woman drop her XF off for the same recall just before me in line and leave in her XF only 45ish minutes later. (I was also seeing the parts dept for something they screwed up earlier from my own dealer).

I'm not touching that lambo business though.

Back to the topic: My dash is also doing the same bubbling, the dealer wanted either $2300 USD or $4000 USD depending on if I wanted bonded/soft or wanted contrast stitching, I think you guys need to get better dealer parts personnel out your way they all seem uh, discombobulated . LKQ and other sources will sell me one used for about $200, but they're already bubbling. I've been thinking of buying one, repairing it, installing it and repairing my own and selling that one! Anyone have any in the US of A they've removed already?

Old 05-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

" LKQ and other sources will sell me one used for about $200, but they're already bubbling. I've been thinking of buying one, repairing it, installing it and repairing my own and selling that one!"

That is exactly what I would do if this issue pops up. I even bet you could get a deal from your local interior shop for a volume discount.

Good luck.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Default 2009 xf

I read in one response "embarrassing". And we 've tidied up other silly things that shouldn't have failed. Yup, it's beyond that. Has anyone had success taking out the windshield and repairing from the front, tucking, stapling and gluing? My 115k runs really well, but this dash thing brings the trade in value to nearly nothing. My husband works on his BMWs often and welll, but he's not quite a Wheeler Dealer with the Jag. Replacing is not an option.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicmuse
I read in one response "embarrassing". And we 've tidied up other silly things that shouldn't have failed. Yup, it's beyond that. Has anyone had success taking out the windshield and repairing from the front, tucking, stapling and gluing? My 115k runs really well, but this dash thing brings the trade in value to nearly nothing. My husband works on his BMWs often and welll, but he's not quite a Wheeler Dealer with the Jag. Replacing is not an option.
Just bear in mind that if you do just repair the front edge, which will involve some stretching of the leather, it is most likely that other areas will start to fail. It isn't just the front edge that has the problem, it's the entire dash pad.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Have to agree. Don't even try it. The result will be worse than what you have.

If your husband is a tech it's not that big of deal to remove the dash and have a shop recover it. Several shade tree guys have done it. Either clean off all the old glue on your old dash leather and re-glue or have a new piece of leather installed. Note that the factory has added staples to the front area around the speaker and defrost vents as added insurance. It would be well worth your husbands time to search out these threads. It is explained very well.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Thank you, all. He is Handy having gutted his e 36 to race. He's just unfamiliar with jaguars. Lots of YouTube videos. Thanks for your support. We'll give it a go.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,769 Posts

If he can't find something or has some questions please post back. This is a repair with a LOT of documentation and several ways to do it. Including taking out the windshield which I would vote against and recommend to do more reading before diving into the repair. It's cosmetic so it can wait until your ready.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicmuse
Thank you, all. He is Handy having gutted his e 36 to race. He's just unfamiliar with jaguars. Lots of YouTube videos. Thanks for your support. We'll give it a go.
I replaced mine about 6 months ago with a dash pad from a later year vehicle purchased from an auto dismantling yard. I'm happy to provide your husband with some guidance if required.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

@Big Will ....Was just hoping Lotus just went away some day ....see he is still here. Thanks for your input always .

Old 07-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gpalace
@Big Will ....Was just hoping Lotus just went away some day ....see he is still here. Thanks for your input always .
Someone from Long Island whining like a little b?? Surprise, surprise!

Old 07-05-2018, 11:39 PM

Someone from Long Island whining like a little b?? Surprise, surprise!
inbreed ...it's obvious. Not surprised.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gpalace

inbreed ...it's obvious. Not surprised.
Yes you are!

Old 07-07-2018, 11:09 PM

Yes you are!
What are you 5 ? Tool

Quick Reply: If your dash is Bubbling, and your out of warranty?