XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan

Anyone have first hand experience with the Jaguar Land Rover vehicle protection plan? Sold at the dealership, and promoted with the JLR logos on the brochures and declaration page, the administrator of the agreement is actually United Service Protection Corp (which is part of Assurant Solutions). It adds 72 months or 75000 miles from date of purchase (the car must still be under factory warranty to qualify for coverage purchase) with $100 deductible (which is waived if repairs are performed at JLR dealer instead of indy shop).

Not asking if the price of the service agreement is worth it or not, but rather, I want to hear from people who have used the warranty and their success or fail stories.

Thank you

Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I am interested in knowing this too. I bought this protection plan, but never had to use it.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
I am interested in knowing this too. I bought this protection plan, but never had to use it.
how long have you had it for so far?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

i have had it for about a year but have not had to use it yet... Have an appt tomorrow at dealer for regular service -- hopefully I won't need it!

Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
how long have you had it for so far?
I have had it since March 2015, so it's good till March 2021 or 100k miles, whichever comes first. I had them look at the sunroof squeaks, but that was covered under the 4yr factory warranty.

Originally Posted by UltBlkXF
i have had it for about a year but have not had to use it yet... Have an appt tomorrow at dealer for regular service -- hopefully I won't need it!
I don't think you will need it for regular maintenance, that's the yearly additional cost out of the pocket for a glorified oil change

Old 07-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan

I have that plan and haven't had much of an issue with getting things done. Had a supercharger coolant pump failure and once I could get it to the dealer with the code stored (my OBDII reader would erase it when viewed) everything went smoothly.

I also had a half shaft issue that was fixed with not a lot of argument even given the modifications they were aware of. I think my dealer definitely helped on that one though.

Definitely try to establish a rapport with your service advisor before there is an issue.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
I have that plan and haven't had much of an issue with getting things done. Had a supercharger coolant pump failure and once I could get it to the dealer with the code stored (my OBDII reader would erase it when viewed) everything went smoothly.

I also had a half shaft issue that was fixed with not a lot of argument even given the modifications they were aware of. I think my dealer definitely helped on that one though.

Definitely try to establish a rapport with your service advisor before there is an issue.
good to hear the positive note

how long after the factory 4year factory did you have to use the service plan?

Also, which dealer do you service at?

Old 07-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
good to hear the positive note

how long after the factory 4year factory did you have to use the service plan?

Also, which dealer do you service at?
It was sometime around a year after for the first incident.

I go to Jaguar of Anaheim Hills. Just lost me service advisor though. And my lead tech. A little anxious now...

Old 07-08-2016, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
It was sometime around a year after for the first incident.

I go to Jaguar of Anaheim Hills. Just lost me service advisor though. And my lead tech. A little anxious now...
Maybe you can call them and ask for a referral to another tech or another dealer.

Is this an exclusionary policy? Does anyone have a list of items covered / not covered? Maybe scan and post your service agreement....

The only thing I've read are the "examples of things covered" on the brochures...

Old 07-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have this plan and have used it once so far. The front lower wishbone bushings and front leading lower control arm bushings had to be replaced. The Jaguar Protection Plan covered everything but the wheel alignment. The service advisor seemed a little bit surprised that the bushings were covered. Saved me over $900.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by DavidXF
I have this plan and have used it once so far. The front lower wishbone bushings and front leading lower control arm bushings had to be replaced. The Jaguar Protection Plan covered everything but the wheel alignment. The service advisor seemed a little bit surprised that the bushings were covered. Saved me over $900.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:26 AM

any other comments/reviews/experience?