XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Just brought a 2010 xfr. Needs exhaust mod

Old 04-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just brought a 2010 xfr. Needs exhaust mod

Hi all. After some deliberation ive put a deposit down on a blue xfr. Im very excited about picking it up but after a test drive I need to improve the exhaust note.

Does anyone have experience with a Paramount exhaust. How is it? Dont want stupid loud just characterfull.[

Old 04-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure where you are located, but there are some options.
Spires in UK has a nice euro tone to it and they ship to the US (had them quote me once, not a bad price at all)

Mina Gallery out of Los Angeles, US, this is what I have on my car now. Not too loud, a bit deeper than the Spires.

There are quite a few videos on youtube with both options. I suggest you listen to those.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Congrats on the new car. I hope you love it!

Lots of threads on here re exhaust mods. Have a browse around. Most have the Mina - reasonable price, discount for forum members and in my view plenty loud without the side effects. Some have done more sophisticated self builds if you're looking for something special

Quite a lot of sound clips in the threads or YouTube too

Old 04-05-2017, 03:51 AM

Cheers guys. I have been all over the web and you tube looking for info. The thing is hearing the sound in person is very different to a video. Maybe the Paramount is not the way to go as too loud. Good to hear the spires is a deeper sound. Thats appealing.

Im in the uk so Spires may be the way to go. What sort of discount do members get off mina?

Old 04-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Welcome.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk Holmes
Cheers guys. I have been all over the web and you tube looking for info. The thing is hearing the sound in person is very different to a video. Maybe the Paramount is not the way to go as too loud. Good to hear the spires is a deeper sound. Thats appealing.

Im in the uk so Spires may be the way to go. What sort of discount do members get off mina?
If you're in UK definitely explore Spires. You'd need to call Chris at Mina for a firm price. Shipping would be expensive.

You could also modify your stock exhaust by removing the resonator, installing an x-pipe and pulling the valves out of the stock mufflers. Not loud at all, but you hear the exhaust more than stock. Definitely not a hooligan sound at all. Muscularly subtle.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Muscularly subtle!! 😅😅😅😅 Great description. I think Spires is the way to go.

So looking forward to picking car up on Saturday. Ive wanted one since i test drove one last autumn. I was smitten straight away. Made my 427bhp Impreza seem so basic and harsh. The way the car pulled at motorway speeds was intoxicating. And also the plushness pottering about. I call it a Jekyl and hide car.

Scoob had to go. Ill miss it but times change. Im getting older and need some luxury as well as excitement.

I went for a blue one. The colour really pops in the sun while being subtle out if it.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

electric cutouts.. check my thread. posting vids and pics tonight

Old 04-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had a stage 2 spires fitted WOW completely changes the sound proper v8 burble GO FOR IT and i know he has some in stock

Old 04-14-2017, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Big Gee
i just had a stage 2 spires fitted WOW completely changes the sound proper v8 burble GO FOR IT and i know he has some in stock
Which tips did you go for?

​​​​​I think ill do the same once i have the cash. How loud is it on start up and idle?

Old 04-14-2017, 03:30 AM

I was lucky he had a mint pair of used slash cut tips so I have both, it's not too loud on start up and tick over you just know it's a v8

Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Big Gee
I was lucky he had a mint pair of used slash cut tips so I have both, it's not too loud on start up and tick over you just know it's a v8
sweet got any pics of both?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Will put some on when I get chance

Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I put Mina on my 2010 XFR and love the notes. I've learned how to make them sing....downshifting is my favorite note!

Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM

Yeah me too the burbling on downshift is fantastic, mina make some lovely looking carbon bits that I'm hanging my nose over, will look good on red. Just out of interest what tyres are you running

Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk Holmes
Hi all. After some deliberation ive put a deposit down on a blue xfr. Im very excited about picking it up but after a test drive I need to improve the exhaust note.

Does anyone have experience with a Paramount exhaust. How is it? Dont want stupid loud just characterfull.[

I found it difficult to find an actual xfr with Paramount exhaust sound clip, but it looks like the axle back portion is pretty much straight through. Not sure what the full catback looks like either. Have you thought about something more custom?

I ended up removing both of my resonators. The rear resonator was replaced with an X-pipe. I also removed the silencers and replaced them with Magnaflow mufflers (part # 11216), but retained the stock tips. Sounds very mellow when not on the throttle, but sick/mean af when WOT. I especially like opening it up around the tons of mustangs we have around here once and a while lol.

In the future, I might try Borla S Type or Atak mufflers but figured I'd start with Magnaflow since they're cheap in price.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:45 AM

Cheers guys. I did think of a custom job but too many unknowns. Does anyone know someone in the uk who they would recommend and has done it before? Otherwise its save 800 quid for a stage 2 spires. They do sound the dogs

Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, definitely too many unknowns. My concern was losing the Jaguar sound. The exhaust note sounds awesome but is way too quiet in my opinion. The aftermarket bolt on exhaust options out there all sounded deeper, and overall way different than the stock note. They kind of remind me of the way mustangs sound which I definitely wasn't going for. After tons of research and looking at all options I just said F it I want it loud as possible and I don't want to spend much. I figured spend a little now on custom and if I like it great, if not then get a bolt on in the future. Mine was about $400 with parts/labor at a local shop and I love the sound. Anyways, here's a quick start up/rev clip. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:44 AM

Yep lovin that. Sounds great. Im still learning how to drive mine properly to be honest. Just found the joys of dynamic mode with sport setting then manual shifting today. What fun. Love the car. An exhaust mod will certainly improve the fun.

The following users liked this post:
EK BALAM (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MarkN
I put Mina on my 2010 XFR and love the notes. I've learned how to make them sing....downshifting is my favorite note!
go for it you won't regret it

Search this Thread