XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Just ordered...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered...

A Vapour Gray with charcoal interior & burl wood SC. I ordered it with the heated steering wheel. I decided against the intelligent cruise control, mainly because I have that option on my Infiniti and I rarely use it.

I'm ecstatic! I can't wait! I want it NOW. LOL

I strongly considered getting an Ebony one. And who knows, I may change my mind yet. The salesman said I had some time before the car is actually made. I love the look of a black car but sure hate keeping it clean.

Tony

Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Just ordered...

vapour gray is a really nice colour.. did you get the A/c seats? there awesome..

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: jag_genius

vapour gray is a really nice colour.. did you get the A/c seats? there awesome..
Yes, I did. The car I test drove had them and they seemed to work really well.

Tony

Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats and good luck ............ with the wait[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

There's that stench of envy radiating from me again. [sm=smiley5.gif] lucky guy

Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Tony407

I strongly considered getting an Ebony one. And who knows, I may change my mind yet. The salesman said I had some time before the car is actually made. I love the look of a black car but sure hate keeping it clean.

Tony
Hey Tony,

Congrats! Have any indication as to how long you have to wait or delivery? I opted for ebony and my first 2 times washing it I wanted to cry. Figured out that A. I'm an idiot and can't use a real chamois. B. I washed it in the direct sun so it would dry and leave water spots before I could actually dry it. Then I found a synthetic chamois (can't remember the name of it) and man what a difference it made. Not a single water spot (and I've even washed it at night). So don't keeping it clean sway your decision. Will it be garage kept?

Good luck,
Tommie

Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: TommieBoy

ORIGINAL: Tony407

Tony
Hey Tony,

Congrats! Have any indication as to how long you have to wait or delivery? I opted for ebony and my first 2 times washing it I wanted to cry. Figured out that A. I'm an idiot and can't use a real chamois. B. I washed it in the direct sun so it would dry and leave water spots before I could actually dry it. Then I found a synthetic chamois (can't remember the name of it) and man what a difference it made. Not a single water spot (and I've even washed it at night). So don't keeping it clean sway your decision. Will it be garage kept?

Good luck,
Tommie
The dealer told me about a 3 month wait. However, I've "heard" from another forum that it was more like a 6 or 7 month wait. Man...I can't wait that long!!!!

I've had a few black cars (including my current Mustang,) and each time I buy a new car I swear I'll never buy another black one again. Problem is, they look sooooo good when they're clean. Was it the Absorber? It's a synthetic chamois and I've head the same one for years and it has never failed me. I also use a California Water Blade before using the chamois. I always use a wool wash mit. Lately, I've even resorted to getting out the shop vac and blow drying it. It takes a long time but it's almost flawless when I'm done. As far as washing in the sun... I've recently moved to Portland, OR and the sun doesn't shine here much. So I find myself washing my cars when it's cloudy outside. Not a bad thing, but I sure do miss the sun!! LOL

Yes, the Jag will always be garaged when at home.

Tony