XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

list of parts thats transfer to the XF from the F-type?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default list of parts thats transfer to the XF from the F-type?

I was wondering, since the two cars have a lot of similarities, is there a list somewhere of parts that will transfer over? Like the brakes and /or anything else?

I kind of like their calipers for my XF supercharged.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

The only parts I know of for sure are front brake parts, because I have done it (transferred my XFR front rotors and brake pads to my F-Type).
But only where the F-Type has the High Performance or Super Performance brakes, both of which use the 380 mm front brake rotors.
The 380 mm rotors, calipers and pads are identical to those on the XFR.
However the rear brakes on the F-Type High Performance brake kit are not compatible, they are 326 mm vs the XFR 376 mm set-up. Also, the F-Type 326 mm rear brakes are different to the 326 mm rear brakes on non-XFR XFs - completely different pads and I suspect different rotors and calipers as well.
I don't know if the 376 mm rear brakes on the F-Type Super Performance brake kit are the same as the 376 mm rear brakes on the XFR, but I suspect they are, well at least the rotors and pads, but maybe not the calipers due to the totally different parking brake set-up on the F-Type.

Also, the 2009 XF Supercharged (the one with the 4.2 V8) uses 355 mm front brakes, and the base front brakes on the base model F-Type are the same 355 mm. I suspect the rotors and calipers are the same, but not so sure about the pads, as there are two types of 355 mm Jag pads with different backing plate shapes and I don't know which one the F-Type takes.

Edit #2 - why do you ask about the front brakes?
Because you have a 2010 XF Supercharged I'm pretty sure you have the 380 mm front brakes, which are identical to the 380 mm F-Type front brakes, so there is nothing to be gained by swapping to F-Type brakes.
Maybe you are thinking of the F-Type carbon ceramic brakes?
If so, good luck, they cost a fortune and it may not be possible to fit them to an XF anyway!

Last edited by OzXFR; 01-16-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Actually from watching an episode of "how its made" on the f-type I'm really not sure how one comes to the conclusion they have lots of similarities. The XFR platform is probably over ten years old during the Ford Years. For brakes you're probably better off upgrading parts from other members of the XF family like the XFR....

Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 AM
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I suppose you could go on RockAuto and figure it out....
(no affiliation)

Old 03-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I had thought that the F-type had a caliper upgrade.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeghl
I had thought that the F-type had a caliper upgrade.
Nope, other than the carbon ceramic brakes option on the F-Type, the different hand brake / parking brake / emergency brake set up and the rear brake pads, the rotors, calipers and pads are a direct carry over from the XF.

The following users liked this post:
Kaeghl (03-09-2017)
Old 08-16-2023, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I have 2014 f type convert S 5.0….

I had an issue with water in my trunk and obvious corrosion / shortage of the dual battery junction fuse box and I purchase a xf dbjb on eBay. Oem new is $3k!!! Worst part is…. None of us even WANT the Stop start function but I have to get this electrical nightmare fixed .. on a few Jaguar dealer parts website I see that the part number is specific to 2014 and 15 jaguar F type only. But… looks exactttt same. I was wondering if this could be flashed with sdd and a Vxdiag nano vci…. Planning to do this soon but just checking just in case if it’s been succcessful for any of you or. Not. Thanks

Replaced this….

This was causing overcharging of 2nd battery

With this part to be installed hopefully today https://www.ebay.com/itm/16610643915...mis&media=COPY