XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Nav/Touchscreen/BT/iPod

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav/Touchscreen/BT/iPod

Well - I love passionately almost everything about my 2010 XF Supercharged. Got rid of 2009 BMW X6 5.0 for it. But I have to say I am less than impressed with the console technology. Touch screen is nice idea, but how do you have NAV without realtime, generally bad iPod integration (read: everytime I want to change albums within the same artist, I have to start from the beginning) bluetooth that doesn't work with BB Curve (not sure who's problem, RIM or Jag, but worked fine in my BMW) and somewhat generally awkward navigation through the various components (not meaning the NAV). I thought the iDrive was quirky, but this seems somewhat 2007. Here's hoping for significant hardware/software updates. I'd pay.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default and worse...

To have to say that the lexus has literally smoked you on interface functionality...is sad. How bout the laundry list:
nevermind...pretty much, just go buy the lexus interface, for the whole deal, audio, phone, nav, system control...well the system control works....ok.

I love my XF and appreciate that they put a lot into the aesthetics but they left this component in the last decade.