XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New "Glitch" !

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default New "Glitch" !

Ok…..a few years with a 09 XF/SC and no major problems…..new gear selector and new coolant thermostat….thats all. EXCEPT….three strange "glitches". 1) an unexplained engine surge (increase rpm to 3-4K) while foot on brake pedal….shrugged this off by suspecting a slip of the right foot. 2) while parking in the garage and shifting to neutral, get a "transmission failure/fault" message on the dash and the shift gear freezes….turn off engine and everything returns to normal. The dealer says it is just a "glitch" with no explanation. And finally the third 3) In a parking lot, started to back up when the engine starts to fail and quits with the gear selector frozen in park and the "engine" icon shows on the dash and in the lcd panel an "empty battery" icon and a "red triangle" icon shows up. I tried to start the engine twice and it repeated this scenario twice and finally I was able to shut the engine down. Gear selector goes back down and the engine stays quiet. Then started the engine back up and everything goes back to normal. Told the wife that one more scary glitch like this last one and bye bye Jag. Well…maybe! Is this what one can expect from the Jaguar brand…………????

Old 10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

Change your battery. Classic sign is odd stuff happening for no reason.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:48 PM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts

Have the glitches begun recently? Have you replaced the battery or is it the original? A new battery should get rid of the glitches and you are due for a replacement anyway.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 PM

This is the second battery installed by the dealer……I did check the connections to be sure that everything was tight and also looked at the water level that seemed very low in the chambers. Also, I ran a code reader check and got a big green plus for nothing out of order …..no stored codes and no pending codes etc. Is a new battery part of the items covered by the CPO warranty ?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Ok….checked my files and found that this battery (2nd and not original) is a little over two and a half years old. Are there any problems or anything I should be aware of if I replace the battery with a Duralast H8-AGM besides the air holes on the side of the battery.?

Old 10-02-2014, 09:48 AM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts

If this is a car you don't drive frequently, I would put a trickle charger on the battery to keep it fully charged. These cars are heavily dependent on a fully charged battery and weird things will happen if it isn't. CPO won't cover the battery. If the water levels are low, that may indicate an issue. The only way to tell is to get the battery load tested. Autozone will do it free. I suggest replacing the battery and see if any of glitches return. If they do, promptly take it to the dealer and have them deal with it while they give you a loaner. Make it THEIR problem! That's why you spent the extra money for a CPO.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default battery

this is definitivly some old battery problem, I had the same problem, changed the battery and no the car has worked fine since.

your battery need 12v only to make the ecu work find

Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM

Changed the battery !!!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckh007
Changed the battery !!!
And.......?

Old 10-04-2014, 06:08 PM

Well we have to wait and see if any of those "low battery" flashes on the LCD screen show up or if I have any more glitches that tell me this car is "haunted" ohhhh Was going to casually stroll thru the Cadillac lot and see if anything turns me on. Just a stroll mind you !