XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Supercharger HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 04:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Supercharger HELP

OK, so I have a XFR 2011 model,

I wanted the instal a boost presuure guage to check if i need a pulley upgarde , or how far I can push it, TO MY SHOCK , i have vacum on the point before the intercoolers, EVEN if MANUALY close the BY PASS VALVE!!! AND REV THE ENGINE TO THE 4000 RPM> limit while car not moving.
?????????? WHATs UP, my TEFLON COATING on the screws is a bit worn out,coud it make that much diference????

Old 08-19-2018, 04:38 AM

I was expecting there to be pressure there around 8-12 PSI depending on the RPM with the valve closed!!!! as is i think the engine woulod produce more power with SC off, LOL,

not sure if i am missing something, the supercharger seems stock , if not would say its undersized, also 2 days ago, noticed that the supercharger was NOT moving without BELT while engine running!!!! i though

the vacum of engine would spin the rotors, i even closed the valve by disconecting the vacum hose , but still no movement on the charger????

I am getting some hoses now, i have removed the intercoolers, will by pass the hoses to intercoolers, and run engine with the supercharger cover of , and see what happens, lol, hope i dont drop anything into the intake

Old 08-19-2018, 01:31 PM

ok, did some work and testing, have drilled and taped a thread for the hose conection, will hook up a PSI guage and try it on the road, did notice that on idle the throtle body isnt too open, and when u floor it, in only opens for short time, this could cause the charger to be starved for air so not building boost,

also driled another hole after the intercoolers and will try and put a plastic bushing and then a temperature sensor to try monitor the air temp going into engine, that way, if i test some ICE boxes or water spray on the lower water cooler , will see if any efect on the acctual air intake temp.

will keep u guys posted, and suggestions are welcome,

P.S> currently running a 58mm puley on SC, if a am going any smaler will have to adjust snout, so far no slipage on belt, so will check whats what on guages first.'

Old 08-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Your results are perfectly normal. I went thru the same "enlightening" process myself when installing a water/meth system.

You will not see any boost until under load.

While you at it why not clean out the chargebcoolers if they look in any way gunked up with soft carbon.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:24 AM

Thnx,

I did clean them, i did an install of the piping for boost guages, and guages will be here, while at it as jaguar dose not have tem guage, i orderd that also,

will post picks soon,
thanx bro,

also found out that can propably get away with smaller puley, but will wait to see the boost.

alex