XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Tuned Naturally aspirated 5.0 jags

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned Naturally aspirated 5.0 jags

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, glad to be a part of the community! I'm going to be having my 2010 XF 5.0 litre dyno tuned soon for a few extra ponies, my question is..

Anyone out there with custom tuned NATURALLY ASPIRATED 5.0 litre engines and what kind of times have you run with them?(if you have had it at the track) Im curious on quarter mile times.

I understand were only talking 25 or 30 hp gain with a tune and supporting exhaust, intake ect. Mods, but just curious what kind of times (if any!) You guys are running? Thanks!

Old 04-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortunately there are very few folks who have had their naturally aspirated 5.0 dyno tuned. Most, really nearly all, so called tuners in the US have a total of zero experience with the platform. I would definitely scrutinize the credentials of anyone you are considering having work on the tuning. The overwelming majority of the perspective performance gains on your platform will actually come from transmission tuning & torque management related tweaks more so than conventional engine tuning. My personal opinion is that for your specific setup there is poor RoI for tuning. I'd say the top performance "upgrade" is very high end and very lightweight "summer" tires. Minimizing wheel/tire assembly weight will make a noticible difference in the straights and the dedicated top end dummer tires will hang on much stronger in the corners

Old 04-25-2017, 10:01 PM

I understand, mostly curious is all as I plan on having mine tuned and am more concerned with quarter mile times, and possible the fastest N/A Jaguar xf time , as I intend to set it lol Also, the shop is called NV Euro Motor works, Nim, is the owner, he came from over seas, from Jaguar Land Rover and now has a few locations throughout the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). He specializes in them of course.

My main concern

Old 04-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

OK gotcha. For your goal of fastest time slip for a NA 5.0 XF, I'd say your a set of drag radials and a bunch of passes on a cool day at low altitude on a well prepped track away from your goal as there is very little competition! The vast majority of those who are serious about performance are starting with XFRs and doing pulley and tune from there. Given the relatively small cost delta between used NA 5.0 and supercharged 5.0 when looking at, say, a used 2012, its much cheaper to just start with the SC variant and build from there. A base SC 5.0 on a bad day will beat a slightly built NA 5.0 on its best day, which is ultimately why you see so little aftermarket and tuning support for the NA.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:05 PM

Oh absolutely, in no way am I trying to make an XFR out of a N/A 5.0 lol but like some, you use what you got, I've been tempted to trade in on an XFR but just can't seem to justify it at the moment, especially since it only gets out on sunny days as it is....and I just love the one I got hahah
So yes, very likely I won't have too many other guys doing what I'm doing with just a basic 5.0, but i am curious if there out there, what times they have run.

I

Old 04-27-2017, 09:40 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Hey, just wondering if anyone has done performance mods to NA engine over in the Range Rover world?
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine