XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Tyres?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tyres?!?!?

hey,

got a XF-RS - currently in P-Zeros - not a fan of them, previously had Michelins PSS2's on my 911's before, what's the favoured brand for these Jag's? Anyone running michelins pilot sports? Conti's and Dunlop seem to get a few mentions?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm running Pilot Super Sport's on my 5.0 NA. I love them, although my car came with some Conti Grand Tourings, so I don't have an equivalent tire class to compare to. I have ran Conti DW's on previous cars and liked them a lot, but I haven't had experience with them on Jag's.

As for the PSS, they completely changed the character of the car. Obviously response has much improved, but I noticed the car sets in turns a little bit flatter, maybe due to the stiffer sidewalls. Steering weight has gone up, Jag's already solid on center feel is even better. Effort also builds lightly when cornering (I had none of this before and it was actually a bit scary). Road feel although had only a slight improvement, but that's mostly just due to the car's design, not sure if XFR-S' are any better in that dept. No difference in road noise, so they're not any louder. And the funny thing is, they perform even better in the rain than the grand touring's that were on the car before. I mean, I drive sensibly in the rain, but have never lost traction. They are very confidence inspiring tires.

If you don't see snow, did you ever think about the Cups or Trofeo's? Personally, I'd be running those if I had the R-S.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,147 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Check out the F-Type forums, lots of positive comments about the MPSS, but now it looks like the new MP4S is even better. I know that's what I'll be getting once the stock P-Zeros are worn out.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

+1 on the Michelin PS4S. Reviews on that tire are great. I have two rear sizes on order with a March 5th delivery date set. The two front sizes wont be available until third week of march. These tires are going to be hard to find for the first few months.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Seriously, wish I knew about the impending release of the PS4S; would've tried to hold out.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had big problems with Pirellis on Porsches, and would avoid them. I'm currently running Conti's (came with the car) on the 2012 5.0 XF. They seem to be OK but would like to replace them with MPSS. I've also heard good reviews of S04. Hankook V12 EVO2 are excellent, and at good price point.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Would you guys suggest the same for a 3.0s XF Portfolio? I need to change the front two right now and would like to change the back two at some stage as am running Winter Pirelli Sottozero right now.
Truth is I was meant to but some summer tyres and alternate but never got round to it so have been runnning the P Sottos for a couple of years now.

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As stated in other threads here, there are many good tires available; however, I would replace all four tires at the same time rather than run dissimilar treads. As said before, I would also avoid Pirelli. There are better tires available at better prices.