XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Will a XFR-S front bumper fit in my car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Will a XFR-S front bumper fit in my car?

I've been looking at this replica front bumper on ebay Complete Body Kit Jaguar XF X250 Facelift 12-16 XFR-S Look Bumper PDC+Diffuser | eBay

I just want the front bumper and have worked a deal out with the seller if I go ahead. Will it fit in my car when I take it to the body shop to get it sprayed?

Old 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Answer... it may do. I've seen aftermarket kits that very accurately represent the fitments of the original OEM bumpers, where you can literally just paint and fit it, and I've seen others that need all sorts of brackets fabbed up in order to get a good fit - you never really know until you try to fit it to the car, or if you can get some very good photos of the inside and compare it to the inside of a factory bumper, and it's usually difficult to find high enough resolution photos of either.

To be honest, you can't really go on much more apart from feedback of people who've bought the bumper and had it fitted - and also check other sellers, I've seen various different listings for this sort of kit floating around eBay and AliExpress etc. Not all aftermarket parts are created equal.

The following users liked this post:
Leet8845 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanks. I think I might remove the top half of the back seats to be sure. Is it hard to remove them?

I know what you're saying about fitment and quality. I was worried about this and decided I will my measure up my front bumper first and then go and pick up the replica bumper myself from the seller so I can measure it and check all the correct fixings are included before I part with my cash. I've arranged this with the seller and they're fine with that. They said they can even spray and fit it for me but that would mean leaving my car there. I can manage fitting it myself and I have a friend that owns a body shop who always does a top quality job at mates rates for the spray job.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

If you hadn't already looked, the OEM parts are the same price as what you are paying for a look-alike. I would go OEM if you are spending that much. I assume the OEM bumper would come painted too so it would end up being cheaper.

I looked at prices here:
https://www.jaguarmerriamparts.com/p...FRONT%20BUMPER

https://www.jaguarmerriamparts.com/p...iagram=4750755

Leet8845 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,261 Likes on 2,407 Posts

I don't think anyone has tried to answer your actual question yet, which is "will it fit IN my car?" as opposed to "will it fit ON my car?".
From my experience loading things into the back of the XFS and XFR, even with both back seats folded down, is "probably not". The gap is plenty wide enough but it's not very tall.
Will it fit across the back seat, even on an angle? I doubt it very much.
The back seat base comes out very easily, just flick two levers underneath and feed the seat belts through. But that won't really help, and I believe removing the rest of the back seat (the top) is a bit complicated, and even then I doubt the new bumper would fit.
I would pay to get it delivered.

Leet8845 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:26 PM

I did take a look at that site u linked too but I think it will add up to well over $3000 with all the parts for the front bumper and I'm paying £1100. Also, as I'm in the UK, if I were to buy from that site, it would cost a tonne on shipping and import tax too.

There is a guy in Germany with new genuine bumper for a £2825 delivered, I don't think he would be charging that if I could get it much cheaper.

Thanks as always for your advice OzXFR, the guy seems to think it will fit with just passenger seat folded down but as he said he is willing to meet me halfway in his van, I will make sure he's prepared to drive it all the way to my house if it don't fit like he said it will though.

The company is Vehicle Revolution in London, they said they fitment is perfect as it was molded from a OEM bumper, they do have a trader section on the UK XF forum, here is bumper in question fitted: Jaguar XF 2010 write off now upgraded to 2012+ XFRS with Vehicle Revolution bodyKit

The transaction is through Ebay and I already told him I will leave bad feedback if it don't fit right but he assured me it would via message and phone.