XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2011 XJL (X351) drivers window controls, seat, lock,and folding side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 XJL (X351) drivers window controls, seat, lock,and folding side mirrors

My 2011 Jaguar XJL drivers window controls, drivers seat( inches forward and stops), drivers lock, memory buttons(1.2.3) and both folding side mirrors all went out at the same time. I thought it was the window control so I replaced that and it still doesn’t work... the passenger windows work from their own buttons, but the none of the drivers window buttons or the rear drivers window buttons work their windows... the drivers seat moves about a half inch every time you press the button... leaving me to press it about thirty times to move it back after another drivers moves it forward...all locks except the drivers lock will lock with fob....the “M” on the drivers door works (will light up) but none of memory numbers(1,2,3).....both side mirrors don’t fold when locking the door... also when I press the lock button once on the key , the doors lock immediately and after a couple seconds the car beeps twice.... what could it be ???
they all went out at the same time on one day after the window switch would work and sometimes stop working then all of a sudden it didn’t work anymore at all

Old 11-15-2017, 03:05 AM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

All of the windows seem to be on a bus. The other things you mention are probably on the same bus. When a switch sticks it is constantly raising a signal deafening the computer to anything else. Kind of like having someone scream in your ear while your trying to watch the game.

You have to replace the bad switch to remove the constant signal then disconnect the battery. Leave it disconnected for two minutes and then hook it back up.

After that you need to go to each window position and push the up switch until it's closed fully and hold it for an extra two seconds, then open it fully and hold it open for another two seconds. Repeat a couple times. Then hopefully everything will be fine.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:45 PM

Does a bus run off a fuse ... is that maybe the problem?... what bus controls all of those things??? Because I was figuring it had to be a main that all of them ran through or a fuse

Old 11-15-2017, 07:52 PM

Also is there a diagram of the fuses labeled

Old 11-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 225 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamel Smith
Also is there a diagram of the fuses labeled

Look at Pages 186-191 of your owners manual

Old 11-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Received 225 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamel Smith
Does a bus run off a fuse ... is that maybe the problem?... what bus controls all of those things??? Because I was figuring it had to be a main that all of them ran through or a fuse

Have a look at this post for electrical schematics https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...11-xjl-186137/