XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Back from the shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Back from the shop

After almost a month I finally have my car back - I can't express how happy I am now - especially as the landrover loaner - while fine for what it is, is not a vehicle that I enjoy. I am told most of the delay was coming from Jaguar. Their 109 day electrical harness build was built wrong. The replacement was wrong and after much research it was ascertained that my car was built partly to American specs and partly to British ones - hence the confusion. Jaguar said it would take until July to build the correct one but fortunately my shop convinced them to let them fix it themselves. It looks like they did a good job and in well under 3 months.
I have now just switched in the summer tires and am ready to start enjoying my car again.
As for Jaguar I can only state the facts as they have been reported to me but it seems they 1. Built the car incorrectly 2. Were not very responsive when the problem was raised 3. Built the part incorrectly 4. Were not very responsive. A pattern?

Old 04-22-2017, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,485 Likes on 7,454 Posts

You may want to contact Jaguar using their thread under "Brand Review" below and see what they can do. Even though your problem is resolved (so far). they should be aware of what transpired between you and the factory.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=Jayt2;1666611]You may want to contact Jaguar using their thread under "Brand Review" below and see what they can do. Even though your problem is resolved (so far). they should be aware of what transpired between you and the factory.[/
Thanks - I will look into that.