XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

BJA

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BJA

Should my XJ Portfolio (2017) have been supplied with an SD card for map updates?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Brian, no, if you desire a map update, you will have to talk with your dealership about that. I know here in the US, the map update costs about $200 (USD) and takes about 3 hours to install in your car. Good thing is, the car can upload things in chunks. So, you don't need to leave the car on for 3 hours straight. It can occur over multiple days.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Sorry, I should have said that i am in the UK where free map updates are available two or four times each year (the advertising is ambiguous) during the three year waranty period.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Why don't you ask the dealer who sold it to you?

The following users liked this post:
brianjohnadams (10-09-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM

This was my first resort but they were either unable or unwilling to answer the question, despite several emails and 'phone calls. I purchased the car three months ago from a main dealer in London who had used it as a Demonstrater fot eight months When it was delivered the spare key was missing and the paperwork was very confused. After a couple of months, and many emails and calls, a new key was eventually supplied and was fitted by my nearest dealer. This month there was a serious problem with DVLA over Road Teax and I still have not received the log book. I cannot help wondering if other things were lost as well as the key. I cotacted Jaguar but they replied that they were unable to give me the information, the other dealer has ignored my request. It may be that there has been a communication breakdown or that I have misunderstood instructions, but is also not impossible that an error has been made and the lack of information reflects an attempt to cover this up. If this is so, Jaguar seem to be showing commendable loyalty to the dealer, but little to the customer.
Could anyone in the UK who has bought a new XJ Portfolio in the last year please let me know what came with it from Jaguar and the dealer, in addition to the Handbook. In particular, was there an SD card to insert in a computer for obtaining free map updates during the waranty period of three years?

Old 10-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Unfortunately neither the dealer nor Jaguar are able to tell me if this should have been supplied. Please could anyone who has purchased a new XJ Portfolio in the last year, let me know if an SD card was supplied to download map updates to a pc to enable a transfeer to the car by a memory stick, as explained in the handbook.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:19 AM
Received 179 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by brianjohnadams
Unfortunately neither the dealer nor Jaguar are able to tell me if this should have been supplied. Please could anyone who has purchased a new XJ Portfolio in the last year, let me know if an SD card was supplied to download map updates to a pc to enable a transfeer to the car by a memory stick, as explained in the handbook.
Don't quote me, but I think the more recent updates are "over-the-air" rather than by media. The older updates were by USB stick (this is where I am). I don't believe that there are any model years that rely on SD card updates via a PC.

From the Jaguar site:

TOUCH PRO AND TOUCH PRO DUO
To update Navigation Pro, first set up an account using the link provided. When logged in go to ‘Maps & Services’, download the relevant map and transfer it to your vehicle via a USB stick. The majority of models built from 2017 receive Map Care, which provides free map updates that are available to download for the duration of the warranty period*.

Last edited by christ; 10-10-2018 at 04:24 AM.