XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Blind Spot Monitor Yellow Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind Spot Monitor Yellow Lights

The blind spot monitor yellow lights on the side view mirrors stay on constantly--both sides. I tried turning the car off and restarting, but the lights still stay on. Any ideas guys. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

CrashNash, are you talking the little yellow circle lights or are you talking about the larger lights that show 2 vehicles offset?

The circle lights should be on when you are at less than 5 mph and then should go off once you get above 5 mph. The offset car lights should not come on til above 5 mph. If it is the offset lights, you may want to look at the sensors in the rear bumper. Granted, from my experience, when you have an issue with those, you also get a warning message on the dash telling you that a sensor is blocked. But, that would also only affect one side of the car. From what you are describing, you either have a bad computer module or a wiring issue in the dash. Has there been any work done to the car in the last few days that would have had somebody working in/on the dash?

Old 05-28-2017, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thermo, thanks for the quick response.

The lights I am referring to are little yellow circle lights.

HOWEVER THANKS to THERMO, I went into the owner's manual and I JUST FIXED IT.

What had happened is that when I was going through my Vehicle Set up, I inadvertently turned of the blind spot monitoring system. I checked it back on and sure enough, the little yellow circle lights now go out above 5 MPH.

Thanks again.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Crashnash, gotta love all the possible "problems" that you can have with this car. Atleast you have it fixed and it was something simple.