XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Central Junction Box Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Junction Box Location

You guys know where central junction box is located in the 2011 car? I don't want to rip everything apart blindly.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

It is behind the rear seat back. You need to remove the rear seats and cut the insulation to get to it Such a fantastic location for a fuse box...

The service workshop manual indicates that was supposed to be a removable hatch to access it, however I have worked on at least half a dozen X351s now and none had one so the seats had to come out.

Notes for the attached PDF:

Image 1) You release the clips by moving the flat side of the pink lever towards the left hand side of the car with your finger tips then pulling up to prevent them relatching. Note the location of the clips as you will have to feel for them blind.

Image 3) The metal loops on the rear of the cushion slot under metal hooks bolted to the bulkhead. Press down at the rear of the cushion and pull it up and forward to release.

Image 4) Pull the two straps straight down until you hear the latch disengage. They need to be pulled about an inch straight down (not forward). Then you can grab a headrest and pull the seat back forward. It hinges at the bottom.

If you just need access to the fuse box you do not need to disassemble any further. It is dead-centre bolted to the bulkhead behind the soundproofing. If it has not been accessed before you will need some scissors to cut through the soundproofing along the perforated lines.

In a SWB car it is easier to remove the backrest from the car to have more space to work in. If you do remove it note how the backrest sits on white nylon guides that clip into the braket at the base because sometimes those can pop out and need to be put back in.

To reassemble just reverse everything, making sure that the two straps for the backrest latches and the seatbelts are clear of the backrest before pressing it back into place.

Attached Files
Old 09-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much sir. I would not figure it out without this.

I can not catch a break with this car. I swapped the motor, but I can't crank it. The dash shows all kinds of problems. I have a feeling the car is in limbo mode: transmission fault, e-diff missing, engine systems fault, etc...

I need to retrace all electrical connectors/relays from the beginning.
I'm using this PDF http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Elec...20-%20X351.pdf as my electrical guide.

It looks like it's not 100% correct as my starter relay (R10) is in the trunk junction box, and not at the engine box (PDF page 31). I need access to R16 (ignition relay) in order to test it. According to that PDF it's in the central junction box.