XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Front door trim removal

Old 06-15-2017, 07:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front door trim removal

I have been following the instructions that xdave posted at https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...emoval-163796/ to remove door trim (I think I have a lazy door locking motor), but stuck at step 8 (removing the fake wood trim).

I've tried to lift the front edge outwards, but it feels like its simply going to snap if I put more force into it.

Have I misunderstood the instruction?

Also, with regards to the intermittent locking (unlocking is fine, locking is fine as long as the interior handle hasn't been pulled, in which case the interior lock needs to be physically pressed in from the inside), is that most likely to be the actual latch/motor mechanism?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I just went through this last night. The instructions for the wood trim are correct and the force needed to pull it out is a little scary. Just try to pull with increasing pressure and controlled force. I used two hands to pull from the front edge and it popped free.

The wood is backed with a pretty solid metal support so it is unlikely to break, but still scary.

The following users liked this post:
pellowe (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for prompt reply.

So the front edge of the "wood", pull away from the door, and it will snap out. Then slide towards front of car to release the back of the wood from the door?

Sorry to sound dense, but given my failure so far, just wanted that extra clarification

Old 06-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes. It just pulls out about an inch.