XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Interior grooming

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Interior grooming

I'm not sure if it's just me but ever since I got my XJ, I've grown more obsessed with the cleanliness of the car's interiors (more so than the previous cars I've owned) and making sure that the chrome bits are smudge-free, the leather moisturised and overall keeping the interior spick and span.

I use Autoglym leather cleaner and leather balm for the jet black leather seats, dash, door panels.....almost everything that is wrapped in leather. And a microfibre cloth for the chrome bits and ebony console and all trims. I'm thinking if I could use car polish on the console and trim to add extra shine but have yet to try it.

Am curious what products do you guys use? And how often do you groom your interior?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Adams products are great. Their leather cleaner and conditioner are reliable, and I believe there is an interior cleaner for general cleaning--which I have not used. And their "In and Out" spray is really amazing on the black bits of plastic and rubber that may have faded gray. I use their products all around from their buckets, to towels, to brushes, to car shampoo, waxes and polishes.

Last edited by KayJay Lee; 06-08-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I tried a number of products over the years (like I am certain most on this forum have) and arrived at "my favorite list". All are available via Amazon Prime (which I am a huge fan of) and so here goes:

For all leather surfaces except the dashboard:

- Gliptone Leather Cleaner
- Gliptone Leather Conditioner

Dashboard:

- Mother's VLR

Floor mats and Carpet:

- Griot's Garage - Interior Cleaner

Glass:

- Invisible Glass Cleaner

For the other dash and hard surfaces I simply "spritz" some invisible glass cleaner on a clean micro fiber towel and wipe everything off.

I know everyone has "a list" but these products work well for me.

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Dapper (06-09-2017)