XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

New Cadillac XTS CUE Touchscreen Infotainment System - Blows Jag Out of The Water

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New Cadillac XTS CUE Touchscreen Infotainment System - Blows Jag Out of The Water

Cadillac User Experience Technology | CUE - YouTube

This video speaks for itself. I'm sorry... I love my XJ, I love the screen and the capabilities of the infotainment center - but this just takes it 10 steps further. Jag could do a firmware update for us to enable different display modes, Pandora, all that stuff.

My wife wants this car and she hates sedans like this.

Not sure if anyone has already shared - if so, my apologies!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Cadillac has stop making cars since 1996 ,sorry
As for the touch screens I ain't keen on them ,I rather prefer a screen with many buttons around it

Last edited by Cadillac; 12-31-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-31-2011, 03:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

How are you supposed to read all that stuff whilst driving and stay on the road.

I'm too old in my mind, I like gauges with a needle that I can glance at, and a fan switch that I can hit without looking.

As for typing whilst driving, sheesh.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the XTS drive. I agree, with the post about buttons, but not too many. The Panemara had too many, looked like something from the 80's. XTS is going to far, but I am glad for Cadillac, being innovative.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like it. I'd love to have electronics like that in my Jag.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
How are you supposed to read all that stuff whilst driving and stay on the road.

I'm too old in my mind, I like gauges with a needle that I can glance at, and a fan switch that I can hit without looking.

As for typing whilst driving, sheesh.

I agree my wife has to operate the screen while I drive. Bernie

Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I always forget most XJ owners remember 8 tracks and seeing the Beatles live. I'm 31... My car is my spaceship and the more touch screens and I teaches there are, the happier I am. I remember an elderly man returning his XJ after 200 miles because it was too complicated for him.

That thing looks like an IPad... and since I already am terrific at texting and driving with my knees, this will be prefect.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 110 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks good to me! I think it would be great to have technology like that in your car. Impresses your passengers, and you could get very fast on it (like I have on my EVO!) and use it with huge efficiency. I will say, though, that I prefer gauges to HD screens, because instruments that are digital are chintzy. When these cars go on the used market, in say, 10 years, they'll be for sale, and no one will want them because there is a ton of outdated technology, ruining/running every aspect of the car.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ianclements
Looks good to me! I think it would be great to have technology like that in your car. Impresses your passengers, and you could get very fast on it (like I have on my EVO!) and use it with huge efficiency. I will say, though, that I prefer gauges to HD screens, because instruments that are digital are chintzy. When these cars go on the used market, in say, 10 years, they'll be for sale, and no one will want them because there is a ton of outdated technology, ruining/running every aspect of the car.
I hate to break it to you, but in 10 years just about all current technology will be outdated. Things are moving very fast.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
I hate to break it to you, but in 10 years just about all current technology will be outdated. Things are moving very fast.
How true... I guess it's more important to like what you have rather than needing the newest...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM

There's always going to be a faster gun when it comes to technology. You can't let it give you buyer's remorse, but that's why I trade every 2 to 3 years, whether it's cars or motorcycles.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 PM

...Isn't that exactly what I said?

Old 01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Once upon a time... cars had three pedals and 4 or 5 gears, and a few analog instruments. They were made to be driven.

All this technology today is transforming cars into super nanny big brother appliances. No, I'm not old.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by ianclements
...Isn't that exactly what I said?
I was alluding to the fact that all current cars will eventually have the same problem--outdated technology. I don't think that will render them all worthless--it never has. Everyone knows that you don't get the latest and greatest in a used car.

I bought my XJ for a lot of reasons, style and performance being at the top, electronics and entertainment not as much, and I haven't been disappointed. I think cars that mostly rely on gimmicks and the latest electronic wizardry will suffer the most on resale. A well designed car with top-notch performance is somewhat timeless.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM

I was alluding to the fact that all current cars will eventually have the same problem--outdated technology. I don't think that will render them all worthless--it never has. Everyone knows that you don't get the latest and greatest in a used car.

I bought my XJ for a lot of reasons, style and performance being at the top, electronics and entertainment not as much, and I haven't been disappointed. I think cars that mostly rely on gimmicks and the latest electronic wizardry will suffer the most on resale. A well designed car with top-notch performance is somewhat timeless.
I agree, that's exactly what I'm thinking... a car packed with tech is good today, but will fare worse as it ages. My car has next to no "tech" in it, the parking sensors just beep (no display), the stereo only has 160w, and 18" wheels are now standard on a 2013 328i... when my car was made, only 500 were available with then-huge 19"s. (18"s were the biggest choice!)

I don't know how to feel about that, the tech in there is very outdated, but if it had more prominent stuff, like a 2002 Nav system, it is basically like having Windows 98 running in your car.

The only solution? Lots of idiots fit their cars with unattractive tech crap from Best Buy. My solution would be, buy a new car! That's the only source of the newest tech. That said, the more often you buy a new car, the more money you flush down the toilet, as the first 2 years have the biggest drop in value imaginable. after about 3 years, the depreciation slows.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the new (your) car CADI at my office. I don't agree. Last rev on the Jag rocks. It is all in what you are used to. BTW. 15000 miles. Not one problem. And this 2011 XJL turns heads! gov Motors is getting there. Just not yet. Lord I hope they hurry up!!!!!!
I hold TATA and the new GM stock. I like to keep track of them.

Last edited by MackXJL; 01-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I am not sure why people think technology doesn't matter. It's does. It comes in all kinds of shapes and forms. I am sure we would all be pitching a fit if our car didn't have A/C or power windows. It bothers me that a Mini owner can go into their systems menu and turn off/on their daytime running lamps but I have to waste time going to my dealer to do something that takes less than 60 seconds. point is to find the right balance at the right price point. You have to decide what is important to you. I personally couldn't buy a Porsche GT3 for that kind of money and have close to nothing in it just so its light. For some people its not as important but I can bet you it's not their only car. This is my luxury sedan so I expect certain luxury items in it either standard or optional. The entertainment interface can't be everything to everyone but some things should just be a no brainer. Album Art no brainer. Integration of cell phone no brainer. I agree that a car company is really in no position to keep up with the changing tides of the entertainment technology industry but I feel luxury car makers need to be on edge just like they are with everything else in their cars.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok I just actually took the time to watch the video and that's what our system should be like. And while I don't think our cpu processor can support all of it, Jaguar definitely needs to do a refresh. Why can't I see tire pressure for each individual tire. Really?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the Cadillac XTS at the Detroit Auto show and I was fairly impressed until I viewed the back of the car. The trunk deck has a plastic brakelight slapped on it that is ugly and cheap looking. Why not put the light on the back deck in the interior where it is not so noticeable? The rear of the car is a disaster, so much so that I would never consider it.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I much prefer a car with excellent driving dynamics than one with just a lot of gadgets. Controls need to be simple to operate while driving so you can concentrate on the road, not the latest song.

The following users liked this post:
Jffcurt (03-01-2012)

Quick Reply: New Cadillac XTS CUE Touchscreen Infotainment System - Blows Jag Out of The Water