XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

People Love the new XJ and rightly so!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default People Love the new XJ and rightly so!!!

Various comments/awards from owners and site found online:

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

What a car! I've been a Jaguar fan most of my life having owned 7 over 45 years. I've also owned a BMW & MB. The first time I saw this new Jag was while passing it on an interstate, and I had the immediate reaction of missing the old XJ look. Then I started looking at photos and reading about it. My old XJL has over 212,000 miles on it so started driving & comparing several new luxury sedans. I saved the Jag for last. The beauty & performance of the car were stunning! After a week of testing the speed & cornering limits (mine, not the cars'), I've settled down to enjoying its stately side around town, like a grandmother should. I love the car!

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The very best car I have ever owned. Cars I have owned,MB-SL, Lexus, BMW, Nissan Z, many great cars. This car is the funnest, fastest machine I have owned. And this is the wife"s car. If you can afford one you will buy after a test drive.

2011 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged

I had a BMW 650 and wanted to get a larger car as my kids did not fit in the back any longer. So the natural choice was the 750Li. As I was negotiating with my dealer, I noticed with my preferred options, the pricing put the car over $102K. I stopped and thought I should shop around for other comparable cars such as the S550 and the Panamera S. Luckily the Jag XJL Supercharge caught my attention on edmunds.com. After test driving the Jag, I thought to myself, OMG, what a beast! I instantly fell in love with the workmanship and the power. First thing I thought, I’m going to be faster than the other 3 cars and save over $10K on the pricing. Goodbye BMW!

New Jaguar XJ Wins Prestigious Professional Driver Car of the Year Title

GAYDON, UNITED KINGDOM – Sept 6, 2010: The exciting new Jaguar XJ has won the prestigious 2010 Car of the Year award from Professional Driver magazine, rating it as the top car for Britain’s chauffeurs and Private Hire drivers.

2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged Test Drive & Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d862Vonhoo

Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Thanks for the reviews

Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

It IS a great car despite the initial teething problems with the roof. Show me a pefect car and Ill show you a car built by Jesus. I dont care if you spend $500,000 (Porsche GT) or $10,000 theyre all gonna have issues. What comes standard on the 2011 XJ is optioned on many others. There just arent alot of "optional packages" because so much is "standard" and with ALL parts covered under warranty except tires during the warranty period...Thats why BMW doesnt mention Jaguar in their commercials for bumper to bumper coverage when they chastize Lexus and Mercedes for their lack of maintence items covered under warranty......

Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm beginning to think they include the service because they new they would have these issues.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Issues with what? brakes? oil changes, service. Do you really think that. I meen seriously, these cars came out to certain dealers as their initial demos before the car came out and everything that happened to any of the cars had to have direct communication with Jaguar about ANY issue no matter how small. And they worked through fixes before and during production. Its really unfortunate about the panoramic roofs issues cause Ive never seen Jaguar so concerned about a new model production/introduction than they have been with the 2001 XJ. And I can tell you that issues with the top are being and have been worked out to varying degrees. And changes are made not only at the dealer level but on the floor of the factory to make running changes when issues are isolated and cars that arent shipped and those that have but not sold yet are checked and fixed. Ive worked on Jags for almost 14 years now and they took a huge leap not only in the mid 90's but in the past 5 years also. I have friends that work on Benz, and BMW and they have just as many if not more issues with theirs too. They didnt release the car with known issues other than Jaguar voice(not ready from the supplier to Jaguars spec) so they didnt "offer" complete bumper to bumper warranty including service to comphensate. Thats been talked about for the last couple years before the 2011 XJ every rolled off an assembly line...........

Old 10-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Well, if our work syndicate won the Lottery, I would be putting in an order !
But as I am a bit too poor for a new one, I shall have to wait a few years.
Only word of warning is - mind your head when getting in the back, the roof line is rather low !