XJ XJ12 ( X305 ) 1995 - 1997

Cooling fan controls

Old 07-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default Cooling fan controls

I haven't driven the XJ12 much this summer, and it hasn't been an exceptionally hot summer here in Chicago, but the other day I noticed the temp gauge at 12 o'clock instead of the usual 11:30. Did a little inspection and realized the two secondary cooling fans in front of condenser don't come on even when this hot condition exists.

Checked the two 30 amp fuses. Checked good.

I noticed the wires going into the radiator temperature switch looked a little frayed at the harness and when I unplugged the harness two of the wires broke. So I cleaned the ends of the two non-ground wires and joined them, by-passing the switch. Still no cooling fans. I swapped out the fan relay with two different relays from running XJ6's and still no secondary cooling fans.

The relay is getting fused power from both fuses and ground at the relay checks out.

Am I missing anything here. The XJ12's appear to have a simpler relaying system with the only input coming from the radiator temp switch and not the additional two pressure switches like the XJ6.

Thanks for any help...

Old 08-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Liked 1,197 Times in 954 Posts

See reply in X300 section

The following users liked this post: Lady Penelope
RFXJ12 (08-03-2017)