XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Alpine Stereo--2006, does it have an aux input?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts
Default Alpine Stereo--2006, does it have an aux input?

Well does it? Does anyone have a photo?

I have seen photos of the ones in the glovebox, but I don't know if that is aftermarket or not...

Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default No!

Simple answer - no. You need the ACM but unfortunatly Jaguar have pulled it as it had issues. You might be able to find one but is may or may not work. You might be out of luck.

- Tim

Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Alan, I am in the same boat re: aux input, and the one you have seen photos of is probably that of an ACM (Jaguar Audio Connectivity Modile)...and Tim, thats the answer I originally got from my dealer and Jaguar NA regarding the ACM. However, when talking to the actual foreman he said that he would install an ACM , and they would warranty it, and he was extremely confident it would work, because they have made them work on all their installs. He feels that alot of the problems were due to positioning of the device and possible overheating, and also says there have been several firmware upgrades and patches that seem to have helped. Having said that, I am still waiting for the quote. It will be a couple of weeks before I get round to doing this, but I will post on my success/failure when I do.
From what I have researched the Jaguar ACM is basically a Dension Gateway 500, and apparently some jaguar owners have had success upgrading their ACM firmware to the latest D2B firmware for the Gateway, which has for example given them greater functional use of i-phones when connected to the ACM.
On a side note, unless you have factory installed sat radio which works with the touchscreen display, the only aftermarket sat radio provided by jag is an FM direct version that fits in the ashtray...at an exorborant price.
Good luck with the "purchase" on Saturday if you go ahead, I have been reading some of your other threads.

Cheers

ian

Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 PM

http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth/acm.html

This was the link to the post I found regarding the ACM install, it was on a 2004 X-type, not an XJ, but from what the dealer had told me previously the equipment is pretty much the same

Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by seamagineer
Hi Alan, I am in the same boat re: aux input, and the one you have seen photos of is probably that of an ACM (Jaguar Audio Connectivity Modile)...and Tim, thats the answer I originally got from my dealer and Jaguar NA regarding the ACM. However, when talking to the actual foreman he said that he would install an ACM , and they would warranty it, and he was extremely confident it would work, because they have made them work on all their installs. He feels that alot of the problems were due to positioning of the device and possible overheating, and also says there have been several firmware upgrades and patches that seem to have helped. Having said that, I am still waiting for the quote. It will be a couple of weeks before I get round to doing this, but I will post on my success/failure when I do.
From what I have researched the Jaguar ACM is basically a Dension Gateway 500, and apparently some jaguar owners have had success upgrading their ACM firmware to the latest D2B firmware for the Gateway, which has for example given them greater functional use of i-phones when connected to the ACM.
On a side note, unless you have factory installed sat radio which works with the touchscreen display, the only aftermarket sat radio provided by jag is an FM direct version that fits in the ashtray...at an exorborant price.
Good luck with the "purchase" on Saturday if you go ahead, I have been reading some of your other threads

Cheers

ian
Thanks for the info, both of you. That is kinda unexpected and disappointing. I was really just looking for a simple 3.5 mm jack.

I hope the rest of the car is what I expect. I can hardly wait! And I just sold my old car today!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 PM

Alan, I'd recently spent about $2000 upgrading my 740i to bluetooth/widescreen/sat radio/usb drive and then ended up getting my XJ. I was a little worried as to how I was going to find the XJ over the 740i, since I still think the E38 740 is one of the greatest family driver's car ever made, and several years ago actually let my wife's 2001 XJR go in favor of the Beemer. Alot of that came down to family friendliness, and since then have always desired a Super V8...acyually I would like an XKR but my mid life crisis hasnt hit me quite that bad...yet! In short, after sorting out the few little issues from my new purchase (courtesy of the remaining warranty) and coming to terms with perhaps having a stereo only capable of radio and CD, I dont really care. I upgraded the beemer in a futile effort to keep me interested, and save on a new car purchase. Now I have a new car purchase, and a beautiful one at that, most of the time the radio is off, and I am just enjoying the pleasure of driving it....so much so I may actually sell the Beemer, something that a few weeks ago just would not have been an option.....still will probably try the ACM out if my dealer comes through.
Enjoy it, I am sure it will be more than you expect
Cheers