XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Mongoose Pro - IDS/SDD v. 131

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 191 Posts
Default Mongoose Pro - IDS/SDD v. 131

I received my mongoose pro cable - the real (expensive) thing. What are my options in getting the IDS/SDD software v130 or v131? Is eBay the only way or is there a download site somewhere? This is not a question about paying for the software but rather wanting to get this thing hooked up to my XJR and start playing ASAP! Got the laptop loaded with 32 bit Windows XP and, I guess, I am out of patience for waiting....

Attached Thumbnails Mongoose Pro - IDS/SDD v. 131-mongoosesmall.jpg  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 737 Likes on 621 Posts

I am surprised you don't get the software to with it for ? $500.

I found Chinese software NBG and bought JLR SDD disc from e bay Uk for 20

GBP.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by meirion1
I am surprised you don't get the software to with it for ?
Yeah, I opened the box and had a "What tha ...." moment but, it is what it is.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 341 Likes on 259 Posts

Not surprising, you will never get the IDS/SDD when purchasing the original stuff from Drew! They make it very clear on their website and warn that you will have to get it through Topix, latest version in that case, but at crazy hourly rates...
If you don't want to depend on such Topix ransoming, you have to find it on your own.
The only viable option is then to purchase a couple of DVDs (the IDS/SDD software and the calibration files), actually copies of previous versions of the software through ebay. You should look for an early enough version (up to the last usable one which is v131.03) that does not oblige you to connect to Topix for updating the software and files.
I already indicated a possible source to get it, seems that it doesn't work anymore but others may come:
Jaguar Land Rover IDS / SDD v131.03 + Calibration files. With Login / password. | eBay?
The cloned Mongoose providers usually offer versions of the IDS/SDD that are not trustworthy and that could have viruses. I have seen that they even offer v134, which in principle could not work.
So you have to buy the disks (btw not expensibe, only about £35)...
Please keep us posted, I'm very interested to know how it will work for you. I have myself already purchased IDS/SDD v131 but not yet the original MongoosePro, rather expensive and import issues from US to EU.
Good luck

Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

You can get the SW ( without license) here:
www.diagnosticdelivery.com - /idscentral/

So Topix just might add the license...

BTW: Anyone ever managed to get into engineeringmode of SDD ?
( A way for an enthusiast would be very very interesting for me :-)

Old 12-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 341 Likes on 259 Posts

Not sure your link will make it: you may download the application and files (though it seems the process is awwwwfully loooooong) but then v136 will request you to connect to Topix to update the files before you are allowed to pursue.
And then, you're stuck!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

I put an order in (eBay) for v131 from the UK. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to play with it.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V131 SDD software

Have bought theV131 software and cal files from EBay a couple of weeks before , it works fine with the Mongoose

the onbly thing to care is to change the date of the laptop ( bellow 2013 )to allow the password to work ( it seems V 131 password end at dec 2012 )

and of course to cancel all internet upgrade the software may request

SDD is quite easy to use after a few practise

Welcome in the new world where laptop replace screw drivers and hammers ! ( I prefer to work on my old JAG than on the XJ8 ! )

Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Received 252 Likes on 82 Posts

FYI, the safe version of SDD is BEFORE V131.03 so V131.0 and prior are ok as these only require the one time use of the ID and Password to authenticate the software at initial install. From V131.03 onward (according to the article below), SDD requires the user to authenticate online with TOPIx at least every 48 hours and if authentication does not happen, then once this time period has elapsed, SDD functionality will become limited.

If you are using V131.0 you will want to switch off internet access and the automatic updates, and keep refusing when it asks you to connect to the server & download/install updates. If it attemps to update to the next version, you're toast!

Dated September 2012:
SDD and TOPIx Integration
SDD software update 131.03 will mark the first phase global release of the integration of SDD and TOPIx systems. With this release, technicians will be able to gain secure and seamless access to diagnostic and online technical information from within SDD.

SDD will offer technicians seamless delivery of VIN-specific TOPIx content directly within the SDD diagnostic environment, as well as providing online access to current publications and diagnostic symptom mapping.

Currently with SDD, these informational and diagnostic resources are only updated periodically via the existing diagnostic software updates. With a simple SDD login step, these resources will be directly 09/2012 3 SDD Newsletter accessed from a centralized repository on TOPIx and changes released by Jaguar Land Rover will be available instantly to every SDD user globally.

To facilitate this connection, SDD will require users to login using a valid user ID and password combination to start the SDD diagnostic application. The login and authentication step will last between 4 and 12 hours dependent upon user activity within the diagnostic application. Once authenticated and on-line, users will have full access to all diagnostic functions and on-line content; users can log out of SDD2 after use.

If in the event an SDD diagnostic session has variable network connection with TOPIx after login, SDD diagnostic functionality can still be used but TOPIx content may become unavailable.

SDD will need to be authenticated at least once every 48 hours in order to retain full diagnostic functionality. Once this time period has elapsed SDD functionality will become limited.

Last edited by lcmjaguar; 01-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.