XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Product Review:TriNova Leather Conditioner and Restorer with Water Repellent Formula

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Product Review:TriNova Leather Conditioner and Restorer with Water Repellent Formula

I bought and tried this stuff, no affiliation on my part, I just had a coupon! My car has low mileage but the leather is still 14 years old, so I figured it was time to put something on it to keep it looking nice. This stuff is a thick, clear liquid that you apply with a supplied applicator. It goes on quickly and easily, just wipe it on in circular motions like you were putting on wax. One thing I noticed immediately was that it made my charcoal leather a little darker. I didn't know at the time if it would stay that way or not. The instructions say to let it stay on for an hour, then wipe off the excess. I did so, being sure to get it in all the seams and gathers of my leather. I waited the prescribed hour (at least) then removed the excess with a dry clean cotton towel. The mild sheen it produced when I put it on did not disappear when the excess was removed. I found this a rather pleasant appearance. The color, however, stayed that slight bit darker. No problem for me but those with different color leathers may want to test it in a hidden spot first. There was no noticeable odor to the product.

Overall I was very pleased. The final appearance had a pleasant sheen without being wet or shiny looking. One thing that really pleased me was that it had no greasy residue after being wiped down. Others I have used made the leather greasy and would leave a fingerprint when you touched it. This did nothing like that. One thing it did do though was make the leather somewhat slipperier, which I found advantageous as I am a fat old man and it made it easier for me to get in and out and situated easily. I would give the product an "A".

I bought mine through Amazon at the following link:
Amazon Amazon

It retails for about $16, which I think is kind of pricey but there is enough to do the car leather a dozen times (plus I had a coupon).

It claims water resistance ability. I cannot attest to this because I haven't spilled anything on it yet! Its ability to protect the leather remains to be seen. I do expect to have the car a while and if I think of it I'll report back on the long term efficacy.

Hope this helps anyone looking to take care of their leather!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts

I've used Fiebing's golden mink oil on all my leather goods for decades, Australian Leather seal is great stuff as well. But leaves a eucalyptus smell for a while, can be a bit strong, but leaves a nice water proof shine, not for sliding though. Mink oil has no smell, and no polymers in either product, just real stuff from nature, not a lab.